HLJ vs Robotkingdom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Sep 20, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Which retailer is the best? The fastest? The cheapest after shipping?

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    RK is based in Hongkong, which is known for low/free taxes so customers are likely to get some benefits.
    I used to buy stuff from HLJ when $=95JPY, now a dollar only gets about 75 yen, bad deal.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There is no "best". HLJ have some amazing deals at times that no other store has.

4. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Shipping can be expensive from RK, but they are amazing. If it's a pre-order, go with RK, if it's in stock, go with... whoever really.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Well, I'm looking to buy MP-10 somewhere and AmiAmi is sold out for now, so I'm looking for the fastest/cheapest option. I could wait for BBTS but it would be more expensive and their service has been sucking more and more lately, so I'm slowly trying to avoid them.

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Last i looked, HLJ and RK were selling Mp10 for about the same price?

We can probably rule out any sales by HLJ on MP10 for the forseeable.

RK sometimes forget to declare the full value. HLJ don't.

HLJ are quicker to answer email, although one time i sent them a politely worded, but quite frustrated, email about their archaic order system, they basically told me to love it or shove it.

It also seems to take them several days to ship anything out...but maybe my recollection is hazy on that one.

Some have previously suggested a preference for HLJ on the basis that they're better at sourcing replacement parts.

I sent their parts dept an email a month ago, and they mailed me back saying it was closed down after the Earthquakes.

Robotkingdom...you might not get an answer for a few days, and TBH out of the three times i've ordered from them.... twice the package turned up in very short order....One however, they didn't fill my order (Hasbro Animated Roddy and Ironhide) in time, and left me waiting for the next batch.

Overall, i prefer RK myself.... their customer service can be a spot hit and miss, but i've come to the conclusion that HLJ may not have the customer service edge they might appear to.