HLJ Pitches In To Help Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Don't let this hinder what you might be donating. It's an effort on their part to do this, and every dollar counts. J-List is doing something similar, as are, I assume, many other retailers.

Note, this does not include items you have on pre-order that are released during the donation time. So, if you have a pre-order to two, or 3, or 4-5 in my case, donate an extra couple of bucks on top of what you already intend to donate (if you can afford to do so) and just know that every dollar counts.

2. Toraxus

Toraxus Well-Known Member

Point of order:
    Almost every retailer here in Georgia, national chain or local, always has a "donate X at the register and we'll put your name on a sticker in the window" or round up to the nearest dollar for this charity or that. Is it really that different?

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

The 4% isn't going to rebuild Japan, but every penny helps. There's plenty of bigger things you can do, but I don't see how HLJ donating 2% of their sales is a bad thing.. and if they can make themselves a few extra bucks in the process, good for them.

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I went with the iTunes donation method, 100% goes towards the relief fund, and one click it's done.

5. mizuki088

mizuki088 Well-Known Member

I donated all my budget$250 to red cross.
    There goes for my RTS G2 Prime/Scourge/wheeljack and my the DOTM budgets.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I donated to the red cross. $50 all i can afford now, may donate more later.

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's really nice of them to try and do something, but whey did they have to raise the prices? Couldn't they just donate out of the $$ they would make anyway? I dunno, again, props to them for trying to help, but the way the end of that is worded it seems like they are trying to guilt you into buying something

8. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

This is how i feel.Why add to the final price,just take 2% off the top of their normal price.I think what they are doing is great,they just went about it the wrong way.

9. Ricochet

Ricochet The Nerve Hammer

News Credits:
    Finally Japan crisis had frontpaged in here... :) 

We Japanese needs your help. in any way, in any quantity.
    PLEASE HELP US.

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^13日と14日にもトップページの記事で震災へのお見舞い、及び寄付への呼びかけがされています。Ricochetさん、御無事で何よりです :) 

I am honestly surprised at the criticism HLJ is receiving in this thread. I hope anyone who has considered buying from them hasn't been discouraged.

I've donated and will donate again when I can, but also I am not cancelling the United toys I preordered. I'm getting those from a Japanese shop (not HLJ though) and I believe it will support their business. Call me selfish if you want, but I'll welcome those tiny pieces of Japan to my house when they eventually make the trip. I'll treasure them.

Can we just try to help in a way we choose, without hearing discouraging comments. Please, I beg you. Please.

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. This is just ONE way of doing it. All the "why don't they just" arguments are starting to irk me. If this one bothers you for whatever mundane reason, you have other options. The fact that the extra money plus a matching amount is going to be donated to help Japan, however much that might be, should be enough. HLJ has been around FOREVER, and I've bought from them plenty. I have to wonder if the people complaining (yes you are) have even bought anything from them in the first place.

12. GNX 0014 Purity

GNX 0014 Purity Well-Known Member

I think What HLJ is doing is great the money we spend goes to people in need.

13. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Doing anything to help raise money for this should be applauded.

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    As well as a donation to the Red Cross, I'm doing that as well, see my sig.

15. Ricochet

Ricochet The Nerve Hammer

News Credits:
    ありがとうございます。そうだったのですね。地震が起きてからしばらくここを見られなかったので分かりませんでした。

anyway, it's good thing that you have many options to donate... :) 

16. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Even if the cause is noble the fact is their forcing you to donate. You don't force your customer to do anything they don't want to do. Its like if you went to the grocery store and they charged you extra on your bill for what ever charity they happen to be supporting. Can you honeslty say you'd be ok with that?

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    They are being up front about it. They aren't charging you a phantom 2% than only letting you know after the fact.

BTW I've seen folks mention that their prices are higher than other retailers, not taking into account that their usual prices were MSRP, when they went to "our price", their standard price became 15% less of the MSRP. They don't have the connections to provide substantially cheaper prices compared to some of their other rivals in Japan. Some of the other retailers may charge a much lower price but may also balance it out with substantially higher shipping than HLJ.

If you guys do not want to pay the extra 2% through HLJ, they did provide the following links so that you can donate directly to the Japanese Red Cross:
    * Japanese Red Cross:
    JAPANESE RED CROSS SOCIETY?Japan?Earthquake?Donation
    * PayPal donations:
    https://www.paypal-donations.com/pp-charity/web.us/campaign.jsp?cid=-12

18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Plenty of stuff on sale there right now. I plan on snagging an MG Gundam soon. And seriously--yeah, you COULD buy the same stuff slightly cheaper elsewhere---but I'm going to buy it from HLJ specifically to help Japan.

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ... you can't force a customer to buy something they don't want to. No one is being forced to buy toys.

If you don't like it, you either wait till the period is up and buy then, or you buy now from their competitors. If you don't think they're being generous enough, do without your toys and donate the money instead.

20. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I think its Kind any way you slice it.