HLJ Black Friday Sale

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Crown_Athlete, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Free shipping AND 25% off additional items (when you buy what's on the list)

Edit: Mod, should be HLJ

2. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Thank you for pointing this out to me.

I recently ordered Device Label Tigatron on Amiami (was happy, since it was the last one).

But some stupid crap happened with my money and my bank.

Suffice to say, I think I may be screwed out of an order and 42 some odd bucks.

ANYWAYS, I saw this thread, went to HLJ and saw that prices on items added to the order would get a 25% discount.

Device Label Tigatron at 2,850 yen? Yes please.

So I ordered a 1/43 scale GT-R Pearl White die-cast model (That makes engine sounds [Kinda cool]) and Device Label Tigatron for a grand total of 5,250 yen.

Oh, the free shipping helps a WHOLE LOT.

Not happy about the Amiami thing, Happy about the HLJ thing.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Make sure you read the fine print. Not everybody gets that free shipping/25% off deal, only the first 500 people to place an order for this sale. Considering I hadn't heard about it until right now (5:25pm EST), there's no way they haven't reached 500 already.

Not that I'm disappointed, anyway.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    So was it Amiami's fault or your banks fault? I ordered from them an apparently they forgot to write down my name and the number of my address. How'd they manage that?

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    ... and since HLJ doesn't have real time accounting, there's no way to know until they've already processed your order and taken your money via the paypal agreement. UGH. Now I'm regretting placing my order. There's no way in hell I want the stuff I ordered if I have to fork out the shipping for it.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Dammit. I bought a 1/60 Yamato Macross Destroid Defender on Thursday for about the same price at another place but had to pay for shipping. :banghead: 

Oh well. I took advantage of their previous sale with free shipping. Saved about $100. But the figure had no head. :banghead: 

Emailed HLJ about and they're going to contact the manufacturer.

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the whole ordering and discount process is automatic. Meaning that once 500 people order something, the 501st person won't get the chance for free shipping.

At least... I HOPE it is.

8. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Well, it was actually a BIG error on my part. I HAD the money to pay for Tigatron, it's just that some of it was in my bank account, and some was on my reloadable Mastercard.

Rather than just load my Mastercard and do an automatic payment, I did a REAL roundabout way of things, and... yeah. Basically, I got a non-sufficient funds charge to my bank account.

Now that that's happened, I don't know what will happen to the Amiami order. I just hope it's dropped without too much trouble.