Hitting the gym

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hook, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    So the wife and I decided to get our sorry asses in the gym 3 times a week and lose those fugly pounds we acquired eating chips and drinking soda.

Although we've only started a month ago and I've already lost 10 pounds! I feel great and have already started to see a difference.

We're also on a diet. Actually, I wouldn't call it a diet, it's more like sensible eating. Counting calories, eating lots of fruit and veggies, keeping away from fast food, etc.

At this rate, I should be in great shape this summer and hopefully by christmas, I'll be able to take a badass before and after pic like our buddy Dark_Convoy did a while back ^_^

Anyone else training on a regular basis?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i try to, but with my new line of work actually organizing a schedule is near impossible, and i haven't managed to get to a karate class for over a year :( 

3. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week for about 30-45 min each session.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I've gotten back into the groove of doing upper body, but I'm not losing so much as I am bulking up. The POINT was to lose weight, but that's proving to be a bit difficult. (I.e., I'm a sorry ass and like eating.)

The pants are getting looser, though, so that's cool. Still, the nice thing is that I'm no longer winded carrying groceries out to the truck and I can lift the girl with one arm again.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    beefcake! BEEFCAKE!

i look forward to fapping to pics of the leaner meaner hook.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am going to start a new diet, or sensible eating as some would call it this week and start working on my core (ie abs) at the gym. I hope to go there 4 times a week and do some upper body, cardio, and arms exercise. Of course I usually give up after few weeks so I hope to take it slow and make it a habit.

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I have been going to the gym fairly regularly for a few months. I lost about 10 lbs but I still eat junk food, which is probably why I haven't lost more weight. However my energy has definitely increased, so that's a good thing.

8. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've thought about it.
    *bites into bar of chocolate*

9. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've been meaning to work out, and I've been using this 8 minute abs routine that Lance sent me, but not as often as you're supposed to.

I've probably dropped 5-10 lbs in the last two weeks, due to various factors. My jeans are a bit looser but it's not the routine I need to be on.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I train 6-7 times a week, but not only at the gym, I run and I do cross-country skiing. I'm preparing for my next season of mountain bike racing. Oh, and I play hockey as well, for fun.

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Good for you Hook, nothing wrong with firming/beefing up :)  Just remember to see the journey as fun and not as work. And those pounds will melt away

If anything at least you'll be able to keep up with the kids' energy level w/o the extra baggage ;) 

And yup I go 4 days a week. At the moment besides the obvious. It's about the only time I get any form of social interraction. If I didn't go to the gym I'd have a serious case of cabin fever :lol 

12. Hook

Facebook:
    I used to work out a few years back, but various factors, such as not having a car for almost a year, made it such that I stopped working out.

Man, do muscles turn to fat fast! I've got roughly 50 pounds to lose!

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been training for my first marathon. I'm up to 16 mile weeks on my mileage buildup program. This week is a light week, scheduled for only 12 miles. Three tonight.

I accompany it with lifting, two muscle groups per workout, high reps for endurance.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    What's your expected time for your marathon?

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Actually that's a long standing myth, muscle doesn't turn to fat it Atrophies or wastes away....Sorry went into nerd mode for a minute :D 

Actually all the extra bulk you're carrying works to your advantage. Because you'll just replace the fat with muscle. You could end up being the same weight as you are now, but the muscle will make you look bigger and more intimidating.

There's also another side benefit to regular exercise (besides the obvious), but instead of stating it I'll let you find out on your own :D  :rock 

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The race isn't until October and I'm a distance running novice. Too soon to set a goal of anything other than finishing.

17. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

your "get washboards the lance way" dvd arrived eh? still waiting on mine.

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I go to the gym monday-friday. I spend about 40-45 minutes playing basketball, or raquetball or hitting the treadmill.

19. Hook

Facebook:
    Right now, my workout consists of 30-40 mins of intense cardio on a crosstrainer or treadmill, followed by 45-50 mins of weights.

I'll probably need to change my workout program in a couple of weeks, as my trainer was telling me that the body gets used to the workout routine an hits a plateau after a while, so you have to change your sets and work the muscles in a different way.

20. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I've been meaning to ask you about that, lol...

In addition to the daily 8-minute abs routine, I do 20 minutes a day four days a week on my Crossbow Advantage, doing upper body one day, and then lower the next, and then on Sundays a full hour doing total body.

My goal isn't to be huge, just toned and defined.