Hitting Hard Times for the Holidays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devastator001, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

It is so difficult to get into the holiday spirit with all the problems I faced in this world. On one hand, I have problems with management at work who won't utilize my experience as an entomologist. They instead use me 85% of the time to do the technician's work, since the they don't want to work. It resulted in losing my board certification and cheapens my growth and experience as an entomologist. On the other hand, my aunt in Wisconsin has suffered a heart attack today and was rushed into emergency surgery at a hospital in Green Bay. I am planning to quit my job to go somewhere else where my talents could be better utilized. It is more likely I will be moving back to Wisconsin, not only to be close to my family; but I have a better chance to feel more happy with a different employment opportunity. Please keep me and my family in your prayers as we get through this tough time. Many thanks for reading this post.

2. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Hang in there man. Sucks to see a fellow Tucsonan leave, but do what must be done. Have you ever looked at working at Arbico? It's a bug farm in Catalina.

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, Robert. Things will look up for you, I'm sure.

And, I can certainly relate to you on your employer's inappropriate use of your talents and education. I'm a degreed engineer and I often times find myself in the field doing things that, like in your situation, should be handled by the field techs. Hang in there. Sometimes its difficult to see the value in that kind of experience, until years down the road when you have to use it! You probably wouldn't be amazed at how little real and usable knowledge our upper managers actually have! They spent all of their early years learning how to BS everybody else, instead of learning how to perform some basic functions! That may just make you a better professional in the long run.

Again, best of luck to you and to your aunt and the rest of your family.

- Frank

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Never know, there could be better opportunities there. A change of scenery can help sometimes. Good luck.

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    IF my family was anywhere else other then Tucson, I'd leave to live close to them even if it meant snow and cold from hell.

I've grown to really dislike the city anymore, especially with getting to know the ERs and some of its rude doctors, nurses, and medical staff first hand. I do enjoy the weather here, though. It sure is nice right about now during the days.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

6. Devastator001

Thank you all for the kind words. It has been a hard 24 hours. It sucks I am the only one out here and when things happens to a member of the family, the level of uncertainty sets in and it can be unbearable. I was so exhaused, I slept almost 12 hours. I'll be going back to Wisconsin on Saturday for two weeks. I will have a chance to see my aunt in the hospital and see how she is recovering from her heart attack. I never knew there is a bug farm in Catalina, I may have to see about their employment opportunity. There are some leads in Wisconsin I will be checking out. Those will take precidence. There is a 75% chance I will be moving back to Wisconsin to be close to my family. Many of my family members are at least 64 years old or older, including my parents.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I hope things work ouy for you, d00d. No-one should be unhappy, especially at Christmas. I'll keep you & your folks, and especially your aunt, in my thoughts.

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lots of people feel the same way this time of year. Regardless, I'm sorry to hear it and I hope things work out for you. Try your best to perk up a bit if possible.

9. Devastator001

Thanks Draven and Ktulu for those kind words. I am set to travel back to Wisconsin. First order is to see my aunt in the hospital, once I arrive in Green Bay. I will have a better idea on her condition. May you all have the best of the Holiday season. I will post any new progress in the seeable future.

10. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I feel your pain. No job, no money, with not a lot of hope. At this point holidays are just regular days for me. Yay!