Hitting Hard Times for the Holidays- An update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devastator001, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I want to thank you all for your reply amd prayers to an earlier thread I started a few weeks ago. For those who read the thread but didn't reply, thank you as well. My aunt went into the surgery with an aneurism in the heart. She also had a couple of blockages as well. She ended up having a double by-pass heart surgery and removed that fatal aneurism on the first day. She had two other surgeries within a week since she was admitted. She is now recovering and will take many months of recoperation to return to normal. She has a catheter placed in her heart to regulate the rythem. She admits that she is rather naive with her health. It's totally up to her to decide how to recover from this near fatal experience.

That situation has forced me to evaluate everything going in my life, especially at work. During my vacation spent with my family in Wisconsin; I have decided to make some serious changes to my life. I have put in my resignation at work today. My last day will be the 26th of January. I am going to move back to Wisconsin to be close to my family.

It's been a hard decision. I love Arizona, but hate the social-political scene in Tucson and throughout Arizona. I love helping other fans in Tucson with sightings news as I bum around town. Aside from the certification situation at work, my employer has been kind and supporting.

I have a place to stay and have been submitting my resumes to a couple of leads. I'll find something, but it may not be in the field that deals with insects; but will help with the expenses. I will be exploring possibilities of going back to school at UW-Madison and earn a masters degree in Entomology.

This decision allows me to explore opportunities and options to ressurrect a new dream from the ashes of a failed dream. I will come away with great friends encountered and experiences from the 8.5 years spent in Tucson Arizona. I am now more at peace since I made that awkward announcement this morning.

2. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Sorry to see you go Robert, it was nice meeting you that time at Risky's. I am applying to grad school now, I encourage you in your collegiate interests.

You'll be a success, don't worry sir.

3. orionprime

orionprime <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Glad to hear things are starting to look up for you. I went through some issues back in August and ended up leaving Tucson and returning to Wisconsin. It has worked out pretty well for me. Being close to family really does help, a lot. Good luck in your new endeavors.

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, I'm happy for you. That's great you've decided to move back for family.

5. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Best of luck to you and your aunt. As another man who's trying to reevaluate and reorganize his life for 2007, I'm happy that you've found a path for yourself. And you'll be missed in the AZ Sightings forum, you've helped me out quite a bit in the couple of years I've been living in Tucson :)