Hightower- Deluxe or Voyager?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Sep 29, 2009.

?

Hightower- Deluxe or Voyager?

1. Deluxe

27.7%
  2. Voyager

72.3%
  1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Assuming that Hasbro ever does make the remaining Constructicon figures, would you rather see Hightower as a Deluxe or a Voyager?

2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    voyager for sure! deluxe will be to small for a crane

3. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Voyager. It'd be interesting to see if the robot mode would be similar to the EZ collection from Takara.

4. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

voyager, an epic off-screen robot needs an epic size, lol

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Every constructicon should be Voyager. Rampage is the only exception because he actually is really small.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Deluxe. Honestly, I don't consider the bot-mode complex enough to warrant a Voyager. It's just too bad there's very little chance of Scrapper, Hightower, or Overload getting any larger than Legends/EZ figures. TF3 maybe?

7. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    i think Hightower and Overload wont be geting made, besides the EZ figures.

8. Munchlax

Munchlax Well-Known Member

To be honest, he should be a deluxe, but because they can't fit a crane inside a deluxe package, they'd have make him a Voyager. If he does get released as a Voyager, he'll definitely be the next shelf warmer.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's no option for "Don't bother." ;) 

10. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Kindly enlighten us what led you to that conclusion, Mr Nostradamus?

11. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Shelf-warmer?

Yeah ^^ how do you figure.

Anyway, a voyager would be nice, but knowing Hasbro.

It will be a Deluxe.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

hightower should be voyager; scrapper should be deluxe, and overload should be ultra. but that's just my opinion :lol 

BUT i will take any they put out, and just be happy that they put release them all; even if they are ALL deluxes :p 

13. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

He'd have to be packed in Robot mode, rather than crane mode, because a properly scaled crane wouldn't fit in Deluxe size packaging. However, I'm thinking Deluxe is most likely.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Probably the unsold legions of Movie 1 Mudflaps still shelfwarming TRU's everywhere. Cranes just do not sell well at the Voyager pricepoint for some reason.

Sadly, Hightower's design would have to warant a Voyager release. I can not see any possible way to make him a deluxe with that alt.mode.

15. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Mudflap and Hightower are two different things. While the former is a TRU- exclusive repaint, the latter (if ever released) would be a mass-released movie character. It also happens to be a member of the Constructicon team that forms Devastator.

I can see why Mudflap shelf warms, as most common folk will find him of no relevance. Whereas Hightower is a character they've seen on screen, and has more appeal to the casual TF fan. Add to that, most people who already have Demolishor, Long Haul, Mixmaster and Rampage would probably want to get the 3 remaining Constructicons to complete the set (even though it doesn't combine).

16. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I agree with Autobot Burnout, a Hightower toy would probably shelfwarm. While Hightower did come out in the movie, he didn't do anything beyond forming Devastator's arm. I sometimes debate if the casual fans even realize that the Constructicons that form Devastator even have robot modes. Furthermore, if going by the Legends/EZ version, Hightower's robot mode might be just a little too bizarre for most casuals to even like. In contrast, I think casual fans might not even realize Overload actually is an on screen character, but at least he's got a kickass robot mode.

A Hightower toy would have to be voyager. While I'm convinced he'd be a slow seller, I'm positive he'd sell better than Movie 1 Mudflap though.

17. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Voyager

Hightower would be best suited as a Voyager for one reason: his crane arm. It'd be impossible to fit that thing into a Deluxe package, so a Voyager box would be able to contain it much better.

Hightower is one of the biggest Constructicons, judging from the concept art, and he'd need a bit of mass transferrence, so a Voyager figure would be best suited for the character.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

On the off chance that we'd get another movie constructicon, I'd much rather they make one of Scrapper.

But just to answer the question, I'd say voyager.

19. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I realize that buying habits may differ from place to place/country to country, but over here, even non-movie characters like voyager Stratosphere are selling quite well. In fact, there's not a single Stratosphere on TRU shelves near me.

While Voyagers might be more pricey, there's still a decent enough market for them. The only thing that slightly puzzles me, is why Hasbro plans more voyager releases of non-movie characters in 2010, when they could just as well complete the Constructicon line up first.