Highlord's Justice Sword - Master Sword repro?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bgrngod, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Interesting listing showed up on BBTS. Did the usual search and found nothing on this.

Highlord's Justice Sword - Red Version $94.99
    Highlord's Justice Sword - Red Version - Transformers Accessories Accessories

Hard to say who is producing it at this point. The description shows the following:

I am curious if this is just a misfire listing for what is supposed to be the CrazyDevy sword. The listing for the CD sword already has color pics though... so.... eh? I've never seen one of the original Master Swords before so I can't say if this is a reproduction or is at least original engineering on a similar design. Obviously, it is intended to fill in as a Master Sword though.

Attached Files:

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a KO of the original, there's been a "Sword of Masterpiece" floating about on Ebay for just slightly less for years. Decent quality that one, but the long handle eventually breaks under the weight - that's why the Car Robots one was so bendy, the softer plastic was needed to offset the weight. Hard plastic will eventually shatter - not sure about the metal ones I once saw reference to, I'd assume those were okay.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If it's posed 100% vertically I can't see why it would break - only if all the weight from the tip was hanging at an angle would it have cause to bend stress or break the handle- I guess the solution if for someone to make a metal handle really so it's not an issue.

Does that sword store or fit on any of Fortress Maximus' bas mode/City mode or is it just for the robot - as if there's no obvious spot for it in city mode that might be something to address too.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's no spot for it in city mode, because it was never designed for that originally. Generation 1 toys didn't have 100% accessory storage.

Also, the one I had was 100% vertical - the clip still broke. It's the clip that is the weak point, not the handle. Needs to be stored horizontally when not on display, or it will break.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Third Party Unlicensed Master Sword Preorder on BBTS

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I did a quick check of this forum and didn't see anything. I noticed there are some third party/unlicensed Master Sword replicas up for preorder on BBTS. No company is listed (it's under "Import Toys") but they apparently work for G1 Fort/Grand/Brave Maximus as well as RiD Omega Prime. Three colors are available.

Highlord's Justice Sword - Silver Version - Transformers Accessories Accessories

Highlord's Justice Sword - Blue Version - Transformers Accessories Accessories

Highlord's Justice Sword - Red Version - Transformers Accessories Accessories

6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh okay, sorry I didn't see that. I guess this thread can just be merged into that one then.

8. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    :D  No No don't worry, I linked another site so this thread is good so :D 

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    The BBTS listing and news of this was posted back in early July: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ghlords-justice-sword-master-sword-repro.html

They've since knocked the price down $20.

The color pics and additional listings for the other color variations are new info. The packaging pics are certainly new. The box seems like it's just a tad bit thicker than it needs to be. I wish they wouldn't do that with stuff that can clearly be smaller.

10. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrm... I wonder how this compares to the KO one from a few years back.

11. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    For curiosity, I just would to know if these 'new' replicas are so different from the previous unofficial replicas that still are around on ebay...

transformers 20th sword | eBay

12. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    Yes, I would to know it too...

13. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone know what the quality of the Crazydevy version of this is that's on clearance on BBTS right now? Because I've been eyeing that but I can't really find anywhere that has a good review of it.

14. sunshinefaye

sunshinefaye Member

the boxart is awesome!