Minor/Repaint: Highbrow simple neck fix

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by denebian, Oct 8, 2017.

1. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    I was tired of my Highbrow's head flopping around, so I fixed it.

To start with, I cut two plastic pieces out of the packaging. I estimated the sizes I'd need, then trimmed them until they fit.
    2017-10-08 10.55.49.jpg 2017-10-08 10.55.36.jpg 2017-10-08 11.00.23.jpg
    The wide piece is for the front of Highbrow's neck, and the smaller piece is for inside the neck socket. The front piece should be wide enough to extend at least as far as the upright tabs, and trimmed to only stick up even with the top of the tabs. The base of this piece should be trimmed to fit inside the recess in front of the neck. The inside piece should be exactly as wide as the tabs on the back portion of the "L" shape, and the bottom portion should be trimmed to the width of the Titan Master. This piece is designed to sit inside the neck socket with the back part of the "L" plastic sitting behind the tabs. It should stick up slightly, flush with the top of the tabs.
    2017-10-08 10.57.38.jpg 2017-10-08 10.57.45.jpg
    This is what it should look like when placed correctly (or close enough, mine aren't exactly centered). I highly recommend testing the fit before gluing, to make sure you get it right before making it permanent. After getting the placement right, I glued mine in place. I only put glue on the bottoms of the plastic pieces, then pressed them in place.
    2017-10-08 10.58.13.jpg 2017-10-08 10.58.28.jpg
    With the plastic in place, his head no longer wobbles, and still has full range of motion.

It is important to make sure the plastic is even with the tops of the tabs, otherwise the cockpit will not close. Also, you have to be a bit more careful when closing the cockpit over the neck, or you will bend the back plastic piece and it won't close. But if you line it up and are careful, the cockpit will close over the neck no problem at all.
    2017-10-08 11.03.27.jpg

This is a very simple mod, hardly noticeable in either mode, and makes a huge difference by stopping the flopping :p 

• Like Like x 5
  2. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    This fix may or may not also work with Scourge and Windblade.

3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My bigger problem with his is that those clips stick too far out.. it looks a little goofy.