High Speed Chases!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spoiler, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Ok, so I am here at work and walked the vending machine. There is a TV by it and I looked at the TV noticing a High Speed chase in Texas. Now, watching this for about...5-10 minutes, I am seeing all the things the police are doing wrong in this. Now, during my lunch break at home I watch a show called Disorderly Conduct. It's a police show on Spike TV and has car chases on occasionally. Anywho, first, they aren't getting close enough to PIT him. Second, they aren't even trying to block this guy! Meanwhile I am watching this chanting "Eat it! EAT IT!" So, it finally ended with him running into a parked car on a side street and him running and getting tackled... There was a key moment where a civilian could of been the hero. 2 lanes, a big moving truck in the right lane, he is in the left, and a mini van in the left lane just ahead. The minivan should of slammed on the brakes, causing the criminal to slam on the brakes and get stuck next to the moving van. I mean come on, imagine the trouble he could of done, he could of ran over a kid!!!!

Any thoughts?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    The police need more car-mounted bazookas.

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

The minivan could have kids in it.

4. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

more of then then not, when you see a chase and wonder why the Officer isn't trying to pit him or ram him, etc. he/she is forbidden from doing so. Somes places tie the police officer's hands a LOT. From doing ride alongs with a friend it's quite irritating when you can do something but are prevented legally.

5. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I 2nd this.

6. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    3 years ago, I was almost rear-ended at a red light by a tractor trailer running from about 30 cop cars. I'd like to see them try to box one of them in or try a PIT! :lol :

Seriously though, they blew out all his tires and tried shooting the driver after he totaled a squad car that was set up as a road block, then swerved 3 miles later to try and hit another cop (friend of the family at that).

Chase finally ended after they unloaded 30 rounds into his radiator, causing the engine to overheat and quit, about 3 hours after the chase began. Time of chase and amount of monetary damages to innocent civilians (bastard hit quite a few things while running in a city of 20,000) with bazookas involved? Probably a lot less...

More evidence for those bazookas me thinks.

7. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
  8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The thing about trying to be a civilian hero, think of the person he may hit unintentionally, that could be a van full of kids, or a schoolbus even. Let's say hypothetically that the van had no kids in it. Worse case senario, he ass ends the van instead of slamming on the brakes, you get a new van, and you saved the day!

Now, bazookas on police cruisers...somehow I see this being more bad than good. Say that the person was being pulled over for something simple, like a tail light out, and you don't notice them off the bat, and they fire the bazooka at ya...not the wisest. Plus, think of collateral damage of missing...

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Yup. That's an M60. I think it's an A3, since the cupola doesn't look that big. Up untill the A3, the M60s had huge cupolas. The M60A2 was the worst.

10. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

There was a Top Gear recently where they explained that before the police could do anything (in the UK) they had to have fuffiled a checklist of about 20 items or something. So even if it was clear that they could do something, they legally weren't allowed too untill everything had been fuffilled for the intervention criteria.

As for a civillian playing hero, that would assume they were suppreml;y confident. What if the car being chased was driven by a gun toting maniac, who was happy to unload an automatic weapon at you if you slammed on the breaks in front of him? What if he crashes into you and you die? What if he crashes into you, gets out of the car, and shoots you? What if your crash leads to a pile up that kills other people?

I've seen a bunch of trucks co-ordinating over CB radio to box a car in and slow it to a halt, but civillians in normal cars? I really don;t think so...