High School Football

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the_riesen, Nov 4, 2006.

1. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Anybody play during school? What was it like when it finally ended?

It was my senior year of football this year. It ended kind of disapointing but overall i'm pretty satisfied with what we did.

We started out 1-5 and lost the sectional championship game last night in overtime to end the season 5-7. Not the best record but everybody thought we wouldnt even win a single game. The thing i will miss the most will be practice even though that was the most work.

Well looks like it's time to start my future.

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yeah, I played in High School. Seems like such a long time ago... coming up on 10 years.

I was left guard on offense and weak side end on defense. To be honest, i got bored with football about halfway through my junior year, but I kept on anyway. I liked the practices more than anything, i think. Especially when it was in the rain and mud.

Never really missed it that much when it ended, to be honest. I guess once in awhile, but not often.

3. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    wow thats awsome I played left gaurd!

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never missed it either. Other guys I know still talk about it though, even though it happened 13+ years ago. I guess some people never get over high school. :peoples: 

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I played for 5 yrs (Bantam and HS) Some O line some d line, but mostly Linebacker.
    When it was over I was done. I had found rugby and enjoyed it much more. Looking back I do miss it, but mostly for the friendship and camaraderie.

"San Demas high school football rules!!!!!!!"

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Played my freshman year. My grades went downhill and could'nt play my softmore year. Got kicked out my jr year from too many absences etc and ended up graduating elsewhere

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I played tailback and outside linebacker. Our team won our region every year except my freshmen year. Our best year was either my sophmore year, we were 9-1 in the regular season but lost second round of the playoffs; or my senior year, 8-2 but went to the third round. Can't say i miss it other than lifting weights and doing the dumb shit that high school guys do everyday

8. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I was looking through my yearbooks because of this thread. I do kind of miss the Cheerleaders now that i think of it. Not that i ever got any [:( ] but they sure were nice to look at!

Actually, the thing I really miss about High School... Martha. Martha Maria Piotrowski. She was hot. A nice hot little polish chick. Never got any from her either [:( ] but that was my own fault. I was such a little dork when it came to girls! She was still nice to hang around, though...

9. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I played all four years and loved it. I was named to the all conference team as a soph, jr and sr and to the all state team as a senior. Playing sports in high school and college was a lot of fun, but I don't dwell on it - I've got too much going on these days to even think about it.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    never played football, but i played rugby all 4 years of high school. and a little in college...but then a teammate kicked me in the head (on purpose, he had a thing against me for some reason, now he's serving a double homicide sentence) and i got a major concussion, and the coach was a dick (my dad was a ref, so the coach took it out on me by not letting me play) so i quit....still enjoy watching a game, and sometimes say "hey, i could do that again" then someone gets squished and my head hurts...so yeah, im done...

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I only played in my senior year of HS. My school had a lousy football program and I was able to get in even without any football experience. I played Cornerback but spent majority of time on the sidelines. We won the first two games of the season but lost the rest to finish 2-8 or 2-6... don't remember. Oh yeah I actually played against someone who later turned pro. Lawrence Philips. It was a nice experience to play some football and I still have fond memories of it.