High Quality KO Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by rapid_fire, Sep 9, 2011.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I havn't seen a thread at all about these guys or other KO's so I thought I would go ahead and make a thread cuz im sure a lot of people are intested in the quality and what not. There are a lot of Devastator KO's around anymore, and recently this higher quality KO was released, I finally caved and forked out the 80 bucks for one off ioffer.com and I thought I would throw up a review with some pics!

First off the box, it looks and feels good, very glossy finish to the box, strong cardboard, great printing, nice strong plastic windows. it looks and feels like any legit packaging. Also its sealed on both sides unlike my KO Mirage I got, which wasn't sealed at all.

Opening it up you can see the instructions come in a sealed bag, as well as all the combining pieces are tossed into one large bag, also sealed. The stickers come on three sheets, including one that has all the rub signs on it. I can't seem to get any of the rub signs to work though. Spec Tech reader was also included

The toys are all in the styrofoam very tightly and a bit difficult to remove. I spent a few minutes slowly wiggling a few of them to get them out of there.

The bots all look and feel great, as good as any original I've had in the past. Paint apps are great, molds look great, joints are nice and tight (thought maybe a bit too tight on the odd joint, but that is quickly fixed by moving it around a few times), chrome is phenomenal looking and the plastic is very strong, very solid.

The coloring of the plastic also looks spot on, these bots are known for having slightly different shaded plastics, and they seemed to have nailed it.

All the bots came with all the right limbs and accessories, no duplicates or missing pieces, everything is awesome so far minus the rub signs that don't work. Im gonna take some time to apply all the stickers and shoot some more photos for ya along with the combined mode!

Attached Files:

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WHOA!

Thats a KO?!?

I HATE asking....as I think its kinda tacky, but how much do these go for? Id LOVE to get my boy a G1 devestator, as he watches the HUB toons and LOOOOoooves the old G1 episodes. He thinks devestator is awesome.

Are they built like the originals? I mean...would they survive a kid who isnt too rough on his toys? my boy is pretty good with all his stuff.

EDIT...oops...I seen you said $80...I was too busy skimming and lookin at pics. VERY nice set..but mabye a bit steep for a lil guys toy..Ill cook on it

3. rapid_fire

So I finished putting on all the stickers finally, back to my review!

So the stickers are alright, but not perfect, they stick well and look alright, but a lot of them aren't quite printed accurately, nor cut to the right shapes they should be. Maybe Reprolabes would be a good route to go, they might be better stickers. All in all though, they still look good, but not as good as an original.

Scrappers wing doesn't sit on his back, as the hole isn't the right size, you can jam it on there, but it stresses the plastic.

Bonecrushers weapon also isn't the right size, but it is too loose and just sits on there, and will fall off as soon as you turn the toy upside down (could fix that issue with clear nail polish, but you really shouldn't have to)

So combined mode! Not as good as it should be, and well, pretty much a mess as far as quality goes. Firstly the connector that combines the legs to long haul, all 3 combination points have flaws, scrapper and mixmaster are tough to get on there, and I wrecked mixmasters rub sign by accident (oops) So don't put the rub sign over that little hole! XD

So once you get the legs on there, they don't quiet look too straight, I had to fiddle with scrapper to get them to kinda balance out. Then Longhaul goes on, but sits leaned to far forward, I couldn't really find a way to fix this, but maybe shaving down some plastic could help.

Hook goes on top and also sits kinda crooked so you have to adjust him as well to get the finished bot to look straight.

The arms go on well, can't complain there, but with the rest of the bot looking drunk, it doesn't matter at this point.

All in all, with some fiddling you can get him to look decent, but the combination pieces aren't up to par. Maybe some vintage ones which are easy to find, would help this guy out.

So there's my review. I give this KO an 8 out of 10. It needs some work in the combination area, and better stickers to make him 10 out of 10. Other wise he looks and feels great as you can see from the pictures. Worth the $80 bucks? I wouldn't say so, maybe $50.

4. rapid_fire

Forgot to post the rest of the pics :)  So here ya go!

Attached Files:

5. rapid_fire

and last 3 pics!

Attached Files:

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its still real nice lookin man..

7. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw this exact one on ioffer. I want to get it but I also want to get the crazydevy. I don't know if the crazydevy will fit KO devastator. Thanks for the great review though. If it fits then I may go this route than wait for the reissue Devastator

8. rapid_fire

yeah, unfortunately, I don't have an original to compare it too, so I can't say if the molds are quiet the same size as the originals or not.

9. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    All the CrazyDevy Upgrades fit perfectly on the KO, but be sure to order the Forearm Upgrades that were meant specifically for the KO... The peg on the KO is slightly bigger when compared to the original and that's why CrazyDevy offers 2 different versions of the Forearm Upgrades.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I've got this version of devy. it was my 3rd devastator knock off...and it is truly quality.