High octane megazord(engine-oh) review

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by paper287, Mar 8, 2009.

1. paper287

paper287 God of animation

Sep 14, 2008
    Today im going to do my First review over the High-octane Megazord(aka engine-oh). Please take in mind this is my first review so please don't bash me(helpful comments would be nice.) So enjoy.(Also my camera broke so I had to use the camera on my phone for the time being)

Eagle Racer(aka Speedor) [​IMG]One thing thats an noticably is that the painted decals were replaced with stickers, although I do like they kept the Go-onger symbol on top.
    Missing chrome is an obvious and they shortened the beak of the condor to make it look like an eagle. And the bottom is like some cheap mold but i can look past that.

Now we have lion hauler(bus-on) who has a few changes but not to the point it ruinings the toy. [​IMG][/IMG] Lion hauler holds the sword(which i will show later) in the right compartment and the engine soul in the left. The cannons on the back were changed to a red mold which i don't like but still it doesn't ruin it. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]Bear crawler(bear v) has by far gone through the most changes. I had to do an amateur paint job on the ears to have some resemblance to bear v. The engine soul doesn't even have a proper slot to place it in, it just lays in the bottom when you open the mouth. And the the tail protruding from bear crawlers butt and its hammer head. Uhhg, Bandai please try to do better!
    All in all, the engines in vehicle mode aren't that bad(aside from bear crawler) but we all know the fun comes when you combine them.

The way you change Eagle racer is the same as speedor, just split the back and pull apart to reveil the arms.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]Simple.

Now to Lion Hauler. Split the legs apart, fold in the wheels and pull out the feet. And lastly pull down the head and there you go.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And finally Bear crawler, with the easiest tranformation. Fold the head back and there you go. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Now remember the hammer head thing sticking out of bear crawlers head? Well were going to slide that under eagle racer and it locks in place. Yes, this is the locking mechanism that once in place WILL NOT MOVE. Although it's not as fun to slide in like the original engine-oh, this will have to do. Next you fold up the bottom have of the bear and volia, your done. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Now we can slide in lion hauler which again strongly locks into place. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Fold up the head on top of the eagle, and you have the high-octane megazord.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    After being put together, it's not that bad infact it looks really good in my opinion. Now we cant have a megazord without its trusty sword and sheild now cant we?[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

One thing though, the engine soul(chip) is really low quality and cheaply made. Even the Sticker just looks like someone horribly photoshoped the photo on the chip, with the white spaces and all. Now heres one great thing, i think we all remember how engine oh held its sword, by clipping it into its hand and that didn't really work too well because the clip was so tight, it snapped right off the hand from the slightest movements. Well heres one thing i love about the high octane megazord. There are two pegs on the left side of the arm that the shield can snap into and it works really well. Really, in my opinion, i would perfer engine oh to use this method instead.

Like all megazords/mecha there really isn't alot of articulation except of course in the arms, but that doesn't mean you can't pull of some cool poses.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Overall, i think this is a great megazord besides a few flaws here and there and if you don't want to import engine-oh over to the states then you could go to your nearest walmart and pick this up which by the way is only 20 bucks. Thats right, 20 bucks. So seeing the low price, I must say that this is a good deal for a megazord and if your looking for a cheap engine oh, well this will work for now.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2002
    News Credits:
    Pretty good review! I especially like when you show the step-by-step transformation. Additional good point is that you could point out the differences between the US and Japanese versions!

I'm not to surprised by some of the modifications made by BOA also - if I'm not mistaken, this has been the usual trend for PR toys released in the States.