High Moons DLC is ridiculously priced!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by UndeadMonkeyGuy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

At the end of the day, Activision was going to charge you over the price of the game for this content. There were only really ever going to be two options here which is why I don't really have a problem with any of this (the on disk, the price, any of it). Those two options were 1: Have the extra content not be on the disk and charge for downloading it from xbl servers or 2: Include the already completed content on disk and lock it requiring you to pay for the additional content (which is what we have). People are acting like there should have been a magical third option where they were going to give us all of this additional content at release for the price of the original game. They weren't. That was never going to happen. Ever. The very closest they would have done was to put all the data on the disk and just charge the full $80 right out the gate. But then they wouldn't have had any content to keep the MP going after release.

2. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

Activision-Blizzard is only packaging and delivery....
    It's a separate company that both blizzard and Activision have equal shares in.

3. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

I think both parties are to blame in this instance. Unless there's any hard evidence that the pricing and content locking was Activision's sole doing, I don't buy for a second the claims that HMS had no say in this.

Unfortunately, I will have bought all the DLC this game has to offer simply because I love my Transformers and feel the need to have everything from the game that I purchased. But I do admit it isn't without reluctance that I'll be shelling out $30 dollars for what is essentially only customization parts that I feel kind of ripped off. Remember when WFC also gave us escalation and mp maps from its DLC? Well this is rather overpriced to us the "fans" no matter which way you spin it when you consider how much more effectively this could've been handled and when compared to the dlc of many other games.

Frankly, I don't know how some people can just sit there and say "well if you don't want it, don't buy it, and don't complain." That's not how discussion threads work. Love it or hate it, people are going to have different opinions over different matters and have every right to do so

4. IronRush

IronRush Musician Autobot

How I said...
    I am a Transformers fan, but indeed, High Moon/Activision is doing it so much wrong about these DLCs.
    Very high prices for few already on disc locked contents skins/models.
    They aren't working the loyal fanbase on the right path making these things.