High Moons DLC is ridiculously priced!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by UndeadMonkeyGuy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. oswaldCobblepot

oswaldCobblepot Well-Known Member

An entire new game. Or multiple games during a steam sale.

2. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vote with your dollar.

3. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Had a match the other day where I got dogpiled by two Grimlocks and another Dino, the aftermath looked pretty funny them all milling about in a tight :lol huddle around my dead bot.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You think the price is the worst thing about it? How about that you already technically have it and one variable is the only thing keeping you away from it?

But yeah for what it is, its stupid expensive even if the whole thing wasn't on disk. Few games this generation have taken DLC as a way to improve and expand their game. For every Borderlands Fort Knoxx there's 1000 scams for like 3 maps. Hell in Team Fortress's case, it started with 6 maps and now their are at least 50 of them....and they were all free.

5. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Pah, theres allways a game with atleast 20 people in it. Just look on the games list.

Also the large maps all you gotta do is set up a spawn point and fortifications near there base. I agree that 1 of the maps is way to large.

I also agree with Tiller about this on-disk thing, if they're asking you to buy something thats already on your disk then that just a huge fucking scam.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Then don't buy it.

7. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    You do not own anything on the disk.....

8. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    If I handed my money to a shop to buy this game, I'm not paying for the case with its fancy box art, I'm paying for the thing inside... THE DISK. So therefore what is on that disk has become my property.

It's like buying a house and then after you bought it, your asked to pay more money to have the key to the second bedroom.

9. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Just thought I'd fix this.

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Double post.

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Would you STOP bitching and running? Every time there's a thread here with "DLC" in the title, you run over and bitch about them being on-disk, which doesn't do you JACK SHIT, especially since the ONLY downside to On-Disk is that it reduces chances of brand-new DLC.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Actually - while THQ did lock a bunch of DLC on the WWE '12 disk, they did do at least one DLC pack that was NOT locked on the disk, now that I think about it. So, it's not outside the realm of possibilty that there could be more substantial DLC in the offing...

13. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I didn't say it eliminates the chance of brand-new DLC, I just said it lowers it.

14. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack is on one of the Escalation maps (Ancients), no DLC required.

Agreed with second bolded part. :) 

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, that's right! He is. My bad. ...still sucks you have o pay to use his parts in competitive multiplayer:'(

I don't see that scenario. These models were made with everyone else, some of them actually appear in the game in some form, save for competitive multiplayer. HMS just held a few back for competitive multiplayer DLC:/

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    No you do not own the stuff on the disk you do not own the programs used on the disk you simply bought what was advertised

17. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    I seem to remember parts of DLC characters WERE actually in some trailers & gameplay clips before release. That's false advising and they could be taken to court because it wasn't stated that some of the parts shown were DLC.

18. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Hopefully come the third game, if there is one, they can be more upfront!

$50 for the campaign only. You want multiplayer? $10 for both gametypes with one free class for the VS multiplayers. The other three classes will cost you $5 each. Skin packs (of 3-4) can be $5. Abilities cost $2 each for additional ones beyond the base for each class. Also there's a monthly fee for online gaming ($2). Access to the Leaderboard can also be had for $2 a month. New weapons can be $2 for each. New campaign missions can be $20. Additional map packs ($10). Additional color palettes for custom characters can be like $3.

Then that'll make everyone happy. No one's forced to purchase anything they don't want, while HMS can continue to generate revenue for new the development of new content ;) 

19. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    The only time that's happened was a few screenshots with DLC parts. But NOT Dinobots. The only time THAT's happened was when we saw "Roadside" in the Infiltrator parts list.

lolwtf?

20. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    It's only a matter of time at this point. Gamers are resigned to allow these companies to continue doing disc-locked content and charging for it. I mean you can complain via email to them, and they may respond, as Capcom is saying they are, but in the end, they know gamers will eventually pay to play. Chances are Capcom isn't even going to do anything about its own practices, except find a better way to hide it. What's the prevent them from creating a lot of junk code so unlock codes look like larger files?

Best we can do is send a complaint email, unless you want to lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau... who by the way charge you first, before you can file a complaint...