High moons "changes" to the demo and destroyer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Jul 31, 2012.

1. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

So, apparently they changed stuff (toned down infiltrator, gave titan more damage) but what the hell did they do to destroyer? Its even more WEAKER. the riot cannon apparently does "more" damage. and now it shoots less shots and has a longer reload speed. This alone has made me furious when i play. Who else has noticed this?

2. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    Well im doing even better with the destroyer, its my fav class.. what ever they did to it is working out good for me.

3. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

Couldve been a mixture of insane lagg and teammates who don't work together too. But idk. the changes are working against me lol. i literally had to take a break cause it was annoying me.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We need to team up so I can watch you. I get my crosshairs to turn red and hit confirm but it seems like I'm not doing enough damage. I lit into a Infiltrator with four shots and it didn't die lol.

5. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    The splash damage from the rocket launcher and one good melee takes out the infiltrators and as for the riot cannon, if you hit ur target dead on then its really powerful.. my strategy is to shoot where they will end up and not where theyre going.. if that makes since to you :eek: 

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I get what you're saying. I'll give it a shot.

7. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

The problem I'm running into with the Riot Cannon (and with the rocket launcher as well) is that it's so slow/easy to dodge that in order to effectively lead my target (i.e., shoot where he's going, not where he is), I'd have to be able to predict where he's going to go, and he'll almost always be able to dash or just run out of the way of my shot before it connects. I also find that if I'm close enough to melee after doing some splash damage, I'm already dead because my aim would have had to be even more predictive and my opponent was able to melee me one too many times or had a full auto and/or spread weapon that had me on the ropes.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

they should make a bot mode dash limit, everyone needs a hefty health increase in my opinion. The bots should take some hits.

9. Squints

I disagree, if the bots had much more health then it would be even easier to run out of ammo without even getting a kill. As it stands, the characters have a good amount of health and lots of good ways to make your shots miss. Sure, ammo pickups are there, but they're often gone before you can get to them because somebody else was having the same ammo shortage problem you're having.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    All the Destroyer really needs is a high accuracy weapon. It doesn't die because of low health, it dies because it can't get a shot in before it's health is already halfway empty.

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I think my main point that I want to be adjusted is the Titans. They are way too strong, I never play as a Titan but they were never this hard to take down in WFC, I think they should take about 20-25% of its health away. It takes some time to get their shields down then I'm like "ah can't be long now" then I'm shooting and after five shots with the path blaster I'm like "WHY AREN'T U DEAD YET !!!".
    The WFC soldiers were dead with a melee and 3 shots from the battle pistol

12. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I'm able to get kills just fine with the Destroyer, honestly it's hard to tell what exactly the changed.

As for the Titans, as a person who likes to use them, I'd say they're almost too weak. I can enter a room and start shooting at a scientist and die before I can even get close enough for a melee. They rip through you just as fast as they did in WFC, in fact using the path blaster pistol I'm able to kill just about anything in less than a clip it seems. Maybe headshots count, maybe not but they're really not that hard to off.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally.
    Yeah I didn't notice a big difference either other than the sentry disappearing

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

The sentry was removed and also the Energon harvester had one of its upgrades revoked.

15. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think Destroyers take too much predictive aim skill for not enough payoff. I can get more kill easier with the other classes, so what is the point. Also you run out of ammo, both in the clip and overall so damn quick.

16. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

Played the destroyer(LEADER) alot today. Well, that and the infiltrator (scout--why change the classes? all these fancy names, whats the point?).

Anyway, I had no problem with getting kills. My main wep is definately the thermo rocket launcher. I play mostly conquest, seeing how it's easy to predict enemy movement. When controlling A on the default map (array), you can see through the windows. When they come from B or C, most will just charge right across the middle. As you know, the rocket can lock-on to vehicle modes. 1 clean hit and another bit of splash damage when they run inside (look down through the lift-boost hole) and easy kill.

Scout, I had to pick my fights more. The car mode is so fast with turbo that you can swing around objects to avoid missiles, and with stealth, you can get right up on them and unload.

Tomorrow will be Titan and Scientist:)  Good times

17. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    I always thought the titan was the leader lol

18. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thought the titan was weak. (though my skill has improved with that class after an hour.) i hate the scrapmaker wana-be they have. my strategy end up involving camping "A" in tank mode, and after 2 shots, transform as the enemy close in and prepare the spin attack

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    The Scrapmaker is better than the original. It's incredibly powerful and the only downside is that it takes 2 seconds to start firing after you hold the trigger.

20. Squints

This is exactly the problem I've noticed with the Destroyer too. It would be substantially better if they increased the clip size of the riot cannon by a couple shots and maybe decreased the reload time a bit (though that might make the weapon too good with a bigger clip). Reloading that thing is a massive and usually fatal liability, but with a bigger clip you wouldn't have to reload as often, and you'd get to carry more ammo for it (I think the ammo carrying capacity for a weapon is just clip size x 4, though I could always be wrong and it could be more dynamic than that).