High Moon Studios seem to be having it rough

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    They're the only studio I know of who aren't in control of the projects they work on and don't seem to be coming out with any games of their own; they seem to be stuck with whatever Activision gives them which is really sad. They were really passionate about Transformers but now they're stuck working on Call of Duty and now Destiny which aren't even their games - they games created by other studios. What is the point of Activision keeping the studios identity if all they're letting them do is work on other people's projects?

2. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose it keeps people employed and working instead of letting a bunch of people go to potentially be used elsewhere
    later

3. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    There are a lot of studios like that, actually. Unfortunately the High Moon that made WFC and FOC is long, long gone. Lots of layoffs and people moving elsewhere. In fact one of the lead artists had already finished another project in Poland and then moved back to the US - that's how long ago it is now.

Don't ever expect an actual sequel to these games with approx. the same team that made it work in the first place.

4. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Activision owns High Moon Studios. They're basically just a workhorse for Activision. Which is probably a good thing since they would have went broke and folded years ago if they were an independent studio. Honestly, getting a steady paycheck for working on games like Destiny and CoD isn't the worst thing in the world for those people. What's weird is that Matt Tieger's twitter account and social media just disappeared into a black void. None of those guys seem to be making an effort to doing better than they currently are. So I can only assume that they're happy with the situation.

5. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Planet X needs to contact that lead artist and ask him to design more bots. I would kill to see a finished Superion and Menasor.

6. blitzjoans

blitzjoans From Ground to Sky

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    High Moon create the new missions for Destiny because Bungie its mostly working in Destiny 2. Its a pretty common thing, and its not bad since most of the team from WFC left after the game was released. The second part, FOC, was more like fan service and a goodbye, Activision really needed people for CoD and Destiny. And to be honest, maybe its not the same people, but HMS work in Destiny its impressive. Really really good.

Oh, and our friend Tieger still works for HMS, he was in the credits of the lasts CoDs.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 smash that mf Report button Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Agreed 100%. It'd be cool if they'd at least work with Planet X on pumping out the rest of the WFC/FOC cast and maybe some more characters.