High Moon screwed up the Color Picker IMO

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I am severely disappointed with the color options in FOC, compared to DOTM and WFC.

Why did they feel the need to limit us so badly on our color schemes in both games? WFC had atleast the option for more colors and shades instead of FOC.

Anyone else feel the same way and wish it was back to WFC style, but without the stupid "bright colors=Autobot" and "muted/dark colors=Decepticon" limits?

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I want all the colors that are and have ever been in FOC and WFC, in the WFC coloring format.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I would prefer the War for Cybertron style, but as it currently, I am pleased with the colour palettes in FoC if only because the colours and colour-combos themselves feel more varied than WfC.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    id like the WFC style color picker, but with more colors

FOC-style just aint doin it for me [especially when they keep taking away colors]

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to be able to make my characters look like they aren't color blind. Nearly every combination is just ugly. I want to customize my characters, making them look the way HMS made it sound like we could. Color, the one thing that should be holding us back, is one of several things still holding us back from making characters of our dreams. Fixed parts and those that are DLC also play a part of course. While I can give DLC a pass, I think they should have parts that go across classes. If size is an issue, why not add a program that makes the pieces size appropriate for each class? If someone wants to put tank treads on a jet, to make a Blitzwing-type character they should be allowed to. What about wings on a car to make a Tracks-type character? If the chest is what determines, I really don't see what the problem is as HMS already solved the problem with parts working across the classes.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Putting on my arm chair developer hat, I suspect the reason it was done this way was so players could easily see who is on their team by the color choices. So it's a game balance thing. At least that's my guess.

But yeah, I agree that how they did the colors in Fall is pretty bad. Given that they wanted to turn the faults of War into strengths I find it odd they did that. The colors in War was the basically 3rd largest complaint people had. Given all the other stuff in the game to ID teammates, I would have given RGB sliders.

7. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I really want more colours as does everyone but I have a horrible feeling that new colours will come out as DLC and they might charge another £10 for that

8. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

wah.

9. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    Baby want a bottle?

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i think he's got a stinky

11. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    And this is why I love the TFW boards :lol 

There are going to be new colors, I'm sure of it. I doubt they would show off all those different options and then take them away so quickly, they'll probably put more options up in the next patch.

Plus, it's pretty hard to give both sides alot of color options while also keeping them distinguishable. Can you imagine if in Halo, each team had free reign on their colors? Team Orange vs Team Slightly lighter Orange.

12. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have all the faction specific colors memorized so color is the last thing I look at in identifying my enemies. (Maybe that will change as I play more)

13. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

oppee wan go nite nite

14. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

uh.. i actually like the colours right now, before it was like 50 slightly differentshades of green for autobots and all blue for the decepticons, now we have some pretty good combinations at this point

15. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I don't really like the limits, the reason we have massive glowing team colors on all of our bots and giant names over our heads is so we can tell who's an enemy and who isn't. Technically colors shouldn't matter as long as we have those, I'm not going to complain too much though I just miss my colors.

16. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

This
    I'm with you Con

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't think they screwed up -exactly.
    But I do wish there were more color options.

18. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

yeah colours for me have totally no bearing on determining whose side your on, the name tags and lights are all it takes. only time i shoot at someone on my team is if i'm been a little too trigger happy whilst zooming around as a jet taking pot shots.
    space marine had no colour restrictions on customization and it was great.

19. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    The colors they had to begin with were just fine. Then that update ruined it. I sure hope they update the colors again.

20. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Active Member

My main gripe with the colors is that you can't pick the right color for some characters when using the ''real'' characters without customisation.

For exemple, Starscream can only have his real colors as an Autobot. There is no yellow/purple option for making Swindle. There is no yellow for Dragstrip...closer is some kind of gold with teal. You can't make Deadend right, because there is no burgundy for the Decepticons. etc..

I think while picking real characters without customisation (under armor) you should have the option to use their default color. Even the ones you actually can make, it can be a chore to find the right color combination.