High Moon Multiplayer Balance Update 8/29

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Secretcode, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    High Moon Studios

---

Fellow Autobots and Decepticons.

We’ve been closely monitoring the class balance for the first week and have decided to make our first set of tweaks. Our game statistics and feedback from players show that we're off to a fantastic start with each class performing very well. However, within each class there is some room for improvement to make all the weapon, ability, and upgrade options equally viable.

Infiltrator
    Scatterblaster damage increased to 15 per pellet from 12 – Those who got early access to the demo know the scatter blaster started off as a beastly weapon, we overshot our correction and we’re hopeful we've found the right setting.
    Fireblast upgrade burn damage increased from 15 per second to 20 per second – The reduction in pellet damage was not being offset enough by the fire damage, so we’ve upped the fire damage a bit, each shot will do an extra 10 fire damage.
    EMP Intercooler upgrade now changes the grenade recharge to 10 seconds instead of 7.5 – We know its super fun to run around throwing emp grenades willy-nilly, but it was too much. Besides, you can get the Intercooler pickup and still go crazy.

Scientist
    Gear Shredder homing increased – This weapon is showing up as the weakest of the scientist weapons and we think the best way to improve it is to increase its homing function.
    Sentry Damage increased from 8 to 10 per shot – The sentry was not quite giving the offensive boost we were hoping for, this should help.

Destroyer
    Reduce the Thermo Rocket Cannon damage from 300 to 250 - The Destroyer was showing up as the most powerful class by a small margin and we think the Thermo Rocket Cannon is a big reason.
    Chaos Rift Combuster Damage and Damage Radius significantly increased – You should be doing closer to 300 damage if you manage to hit a guy with both the initial blast and a cluster bomb. Hopefully this make the Combuster a better option.
    Barrier Cooldown increased from 7 to 10 seconds – 7 was too fast, it was practically always available

Titan
    Harvester damage reduced from 20 to 17 – This combination of damage output and healing was too much, we’re preserving the healing functionality and reducing damage.
    EDK Techvolt damage increased to 140 from 115 – The beams look cool, but it needed a little more bite.
    Flak Shield can absorb 500 damage instead of 666 – The flak shield was showing up as clearly being a better choice than whirlwind so we’re slightly reducing its power.

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Beat me to it! Most of those changes are ones that needed to happen at least. I didn't even realize the Gear shredder had a homing feature either, as far as the Destoryer I'll be trading my Thermo rockets in for a Combuster it seems, I thought the rockets long reload offset the high damage.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Seems like some good updates

4. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I agree with most of it. the only exception I really see is the Scientist sentry turret. I think the damage was just fine. Anything more will start to run into the area of being over powered.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I knew it was a good idea to keep with the Scatter Blaster! :bowdown: 

6. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

They shouldnt have nerfed the thermo rocket that much, maybe to 275 at the most

7. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Some good updates
    I'm abit annoyed that they havent reduced the Scrapmaker damage, its way too overpowered
    It would be good if they could increase the path blaster slightly.

I didn't think the sentries needed and increase, I found them quite powerfull as they are

Overall, I can't wait to play with these updates

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I will miss u thermo-y. :C

Anyway, I didn't even realize the blades homed in on enemies.
    And no Path Blaster buff?
    DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNNNN YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU

Path Blaster needed it WAY more than Scatter Blaster. Scatter was still a damn good weapon yesterday.

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the fact that they added reasons for the changes. Thanks!

10. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

This! The damned path blaster is terrible.....it's making me not want to play MP at all...as Infiltrator/scout is my favorite class, and I am stuck with that crappy gun

11. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    I think the Path Blaster is just fine the way it is. It was ridiculously good in the demo, where you could snipe all the way across Array with it. Right at the balance that it is, it makes it a great mid range tool, with good enough damage to menace stuff smaller than a Titan. Hell, I've used it to vulture a TON of Titan kills. My lack of ability to kill with the Infiltrator now is due to me not yet adjusted to the changes from the demo(Been playing Titan almost exclusively), more than the lack of power on the weapons themselves.

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    ...Um, you mean the full game Path Blaster, right? That was nerfed like hell. It takes over a full clip to kill a Scientist.

13. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much agree with all the changes. Shame the only 2 classes to get real nerfs (destroyer/titan) are the ones I don't have at 25 yet. The thermo rockets and harvester were my "go to" weapons on those classes. Now I have a reason to try out the techvolt I suppose.

14. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

The Scrapmaker is fine as it is. You just die consistently by it, maybe you shouldn't take a titan head on. Think about your tactics first then attack later.

15. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    I haven't had any issues with the lack of ability to kill. Make sure you get that upgrade that decreases the spread cooldown. It's an absolute MUST if you want to land follow up shots. The other upgrades are worthless compared to this one, as the base spread cooldown is very, very slow.

16. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

And I'm guessing that u mainly use the Titan with the Scrapmaker then.

I do die constantly by the Scrapmaker but I dont try and take a Titan one on one its jst that the moment a titan sees u they whip out the old X18 and two second later ur dead. There's not realy alot of time to react

17. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    But the damage AWFUL for the weapon... Thanks, though, I'll try that.

Here's a little example about why it's way overpowered.
    I'm a Scientist. I fly into the outskirts of a battle to hide behind some structures and fire into the battle. I start pushing my luck, and transform and fly away. My overshield is up and I still have most of my health. In less than a second, I'm down instantly while I'm soaring through the air.
    Also, yesterday, I had just joined a match, and I saw one of my teammates with full health across the map (I only saw his health bar, though). Then, his health suddenly dropped to half, not counting the overshield, and then even faster he died. Literally, he died in, no doubt whatsoever, about a 3rd of a second. And the little kill tracker said "(enemy) (Scrapmaker) (ally)" right afterward.

18. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I used to love the techvolt but never used it because it was weak, looking forward to trying it again.

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

If you're playing as a Scout and you can't kill a Titan before his Scrapmaker winds up inside the effective range of the weapon then I don't know what to tell you.

Anything more than about 25 feet out you arent going to hit it. As a Scout that is more than enough distance to escape unless you just run head first at them.

Perhaps consider that if a Titan has eyes on you already you should retreat and come at them from a different angle or pick a different target.

Also you dodge faster than they can turn.

20. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

What about Lights Out? It's been working great for me.