High hopes for Hasbrotoyshop.com?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sonscreen, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I bought an Astrotrian and a mini Cybertron Starscream from hasbrotoyshop.com during that recent sale and I have to say I’m happy with the service. The online checkout was smooth and the turnaround time was decent considering that they used regular US postal service.

They normally charge retail, sales tax, & shipping but if you catch the occasional sale they have you could meet or beat what the retail giants charge.

I’m hoping that they can keep expanding the selection and bring out new stuff too. This way I don’t have to run around like a maniac every time a hot new Transformer comes out. :) 

Why can’t the collector’s clubstore be this nice?

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Delivering new products at low prices is something I wouldnt have expected from them. They're doing a swell job so far I think.

3. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    Agreed...I normally just wait for retail (which can take a while here in Sarasota, FL); but with deals like 25% off and free shipping, let's just say I'm now going to wait for Hasbro sales instead

<-- Spent far too much on GI Joe & TFs during recent SPRING25 sale.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah, I've bought from it twice now... once when astrotrain came out, and now with the sale... I got my order in less than a week both times, and the box was filled to the rim with airpillows! I'm a happy camper, and I love how the TF section has tripled since the thing opened.

Andy

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

ive bought from them twice...the only complaint I have about them is that from the time you order to the time they ship it ( Processing Time ) is a little slow...Both times I ordered this part took about three days. Other then that I am happy with them.

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I bought a few things when the sale was on. I got my stuff in less than a week and I didn't waste endless gas searching stores. Sale or not - I will buy from them again. Highly recommended :thumbs2: 

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I used HTS for the first time a few weeks ago. Their prices are pretty good (though GI Joes have gone up a bit since since they were introduced) I was more than pleased with their service. Especially when their "7-10 Business Days" shipping took less than 5 for my package to arrive.

8. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i'm still waiting for my first packjage, but it's gotta cross the whole country, so 10 days is probably more realistic...

i can't buy from them regularly, as shipping + Sales tax is brutal, but anytime they have a sale like this i will support 'em! (heck, even a free shipping discount!)

just wish they were a LITTLE quicker on the new stuff ~ seems like they should have it up there within the first few weeks of sightings ~ although, i suppose a lot of stuff comes straight off the west coast docks and into retailers distribution centers ~ they probably have to wait a while for transport across the country...

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been pretty pleased with them both times I ordered. Just gotm second order today. :)  The sale was terrific, I really cashed in on that. The order processing does seem a tab slow though, and they aren't always quick about having new figures on the site, but those are the only issues.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering I've barely seen BW 10th wave 2 in stores anywhere around here, getting the full set for below retail price was a wonderful, beautiful thing. Transmutate stands proudly on his/her misshapen legs now. :) 

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'm just glad to finally have an online store that doesn't jack up the price.

This is the only hobby I have, that costs more to buy online. Model railroading, computers, and radio control models are all cheaper online. Why do toys cost more? :huh

12. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I just wish they would ship outside the US. Other than that, I'm pleased to see them stock lots of items, and I hope they add some more website exclusives in the near future. It would be the perfect place to put the long-lost Universe Seacons, and other sets that may not see the light of day at retail.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. That makes them totally useless for everyone outside the US; at least the Collectors' Club does THAT.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I have to agree with just about everyone else, I'm very happy with them, and will most likely use them again.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I concur, I got the entire BW 10th from them during their SPRING25 sale. Got them a few days ago, still haven't seen the second wave in stores yet.