hi res gallery of bt 19 bluestreak at actoys

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red Alert, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
  2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ugh, looks like the huge gaps from bta alert are back. nice color though, but it's too bad that the impreza's now gone through TWO model changes since this design came out. it's definitely dated.

3. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    The translated comments read hilariously.

On topic, i do like it though, but Smokescreen's probably nicer. This one's kinda plain looking.

4. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This figure is bullshit.

It's smokescreen version 56 without all the suburu racing bullshit (yes, double bullshit usage)

5. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

Wow, nice color differences between the different parts (back side /roof/ doors)

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

that paint is so wrecked.

7. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Too similar to Smokescreen to warrant a purchase from me, which is a shame because I love the character.

I'll just pick him up in Universe :) 

8. icefox

icefox Black GFC

end of the line

So this is going to be at the end of the bt line. The toy is using an older mold and has a number of production run problems (gaps etc) and other then the shiny paint job, which is still just the same color... blue, at least RC gets pink. So there will probably be very few of these made and even less of them bought by transformers fans.

Could we have the rarest of the common bt toys on our hands?

9. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Meh, looks sloppy. Smokescreen was better on pretty much every level.

10. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    Wow it looks like they wore on the mold, huge gaps, it looks like a KO, but to you new transfans, it looks :bay  to you, if it does i recommend picking up the older binaltechs less gaps and better paint apps as well:)  and overall better quality.

11. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got Bluestreak only because I'm a Subaru completist and must have them all. The rally blue is also my favorite color. That being said, Smokescreen is way better in terms of both quality and paint scheme IMO.

12. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    meh, i only buy repaints to fill out my 'rank and file' army of delux sized bots.
    ill pass on alternator/binaltech repaints that dont even change the colour scheme!

13. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

I just got this a few days ago along with the silver Meister. They're my first and last binaltechs. As mentioned previously the paint looks horrible. What a disappointment. There is also a huge gap between the trunk and back windshield. Does anybody know of a fix for that? Did I transform it wrong?

This car looks so bad that I didn't even open Meister. Is the RX-8 a better mold? Should I open it too or wait two years and sell MISB?

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

That is ashame. I have it misb and you can't really tell that the paint is that bad but,WOW, in those pictures it looks horrible. I don't open BTs so thats a good thing. Meisters paint looks better.

The subaru mold IS a good mold. Get the original Smokescreen or silver streak. either the BT or the Alt and you wil like it better. No gaps, better paint. The original BT Smokescreen has BEAUTIFUL paint. Pas those two though the mold started to suffer. BTA Alert is meh and so is Alt ricochet.

The RX8 Mold is fantastic as well. it's the subaru mold modified and tweaked very well. I don't know about BT-20, however all my Atls of that are awesome!

15. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I have the Argent Meister and I'm pleased with it. Like all of my Binaltechs, I handle it with care because of the paint and this one is not bad at all.

The last Binaltech WRX Alert was horrible and I'm holding back on purchasing this one, although I'm a sucker for Binaltechs/Alts and will probably get it anyway.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meh.

It's the Smokescreen-but-not-Smokescreen.

17. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Its cool looking and all but I'm waiting for the new Universe toys to come out.

18. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

The original poster and all feedback on the ACToys site all complained about the mismatched paint colors throughout the alt mode, as well as the huge gaps. I don't know if these problems are unique to this specific figure in the review (I doubt it) but unless I see other reviews and photos with better paint apps and proof of less obvious gaps, this is a definite pass for me :( 

I still like the very first Smokescreen mold the best. I guess being the first in the Alt/BT line, they paid a lot of attention to the QA to make a good impression? My Alt and BT Smokescreen and Streak all had barely visible gaps, tight joints, and matching paint color. These 2 figures and Hound really impressed me. The only complaint I had with the initial Alts and BTs were the mold for Sideswipe, because I could never get the hood to close properly in alt mode...always a bit crooked