Hi Res Autobot Transformers Movie Vehicle modes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acteon, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Who's to really say what this movie is really going to be. Marvel took a HUGE gamble in giving their flagship character to Sam Raimi, a (at the time) largely unproven cult classic B-Movie director and B list actors... and it paid off HUGE... Godzilla took a Proven Sci-fi Dirctor (Emmerich) with a string of successful movies, a sort of A list actor in Matthew Broderick, and it Flopped.

Given the cast and crew... this could really go either way

2. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

I used all my legos to make a Metroplex-type Transformer... that actually transformed!

And comparing Transformers to Spider-man or even Godzilla franchise (in whatever form they are) is apples and oranges.

3. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

I think that this movie will largely be enjoyable; however, for many of us, half of the Transformers are what they look like. If we don't enjoy, or aren't satisfied with how they look, then that's an immediate hurdle to cross. But that's just me... and a lot of others...

SB

4. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Isn't that the truth; however the uproar wouldn't be a hundred fold; it would be around a 50/50 split like it is now.

Then the current defenders would then be the "haters", and those who consider themselves "open-minded" would be the "narrow-minded" among us.

I have always asked- but never received a satisfactory answer: what makes a G1 movie boycotter any better than those who would boycott this movie?

SB

5. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

How about Wild Wild West?

SB

6. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Really? It hasn't been that many people. It's only a piece of stupidity that blatantly gets applied to anyone who has the balls to use a little individuality and not automatically like some of the designs.

SB

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I do not know about others but for me, I DID NOT reject Movie Prime when he was "leaked." Well, the point is: I'm definitely NOT asking for the EXACT/REPLICA TFs to be seen in this movie BUT however, I MUST be able to tell WHO's who when I'm watching the movie. They can make Soundwave into a MP-3 player for all I care but when this MP-3 player "TRANSFORMS", I MUST be able to relate that its Soundwave!

Certain things MUST change in order to proceed with time & I agree that we, fans, must do likewise. We can't expect to see 70s Volkswagon on the road or a Walkman these days BUT its TRANSFORMERS that we're talking about here nevertheless so is it that difficult to give us a recognizable HEAD for the characters???

In a nutshell, Michael Bay & Co can even make Megatron into a caterpillar but as long as when THIS caterpillar TRANSFORMS, I MUST be able to relate that it's Megatron simply by looking at the HEAD sculpt! This is what I feel...

8. Rod

Megatron's head sculpt, has never looked the same from series to series, Prime's head always has features on it that distinguish him as Prime whether he's a Semi-Cab, Firetruck or a Sky Surfing Monkey. And that seems to be the trend that this movie is continuing.

Megatron will always be Megatron regardless of what he looks like, it the personality that he emotes, that makes him Megatron.

IMHO

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Sorry, not HEAD sculpt but OVERALL's the word that I'm looking for.

And yes, you're right in that manner & I agree with you. But they could have given us MORE on the movie. Like I was able to tell who's Prime almost immediately when I saw him but I couldn't do likewise for Megatron, Starscream or Bumblebee. :( 

As I'd mentioned before, I'm open for NEW concepts but I too wish that certain traits about TFs would remain on set. Maybe I'll be able to relate better when I'm through watching the movie but till now, I'll like to think that TFs from the 80s kick more asses back then. :wink: 

10. turk128

Then Transformers is automatically better for the simple fact that Jon Peters is not on the production. So until I see a giant spider mech or Megs bitchslapping mechanized polar bears or an overtly gay robot sidekick, I remain optimistic about this film.

11. Rod

I'd never be able to make out magatron either, but the rest would be easier, Bad guy jet= SS, Yellow good guy car= BB...

(Horrible) Mistakes in Cartoon-Movie adaptations have been made before, like in MOTU... but that was a cartoon series and toy line series that had grown stagnent by the time the flick came out. It reused the same mold wave after wave, just dressed the characters differently. Making it nearly impossible to accuratly translate to the movie screen. Skeletor being the only recognizable character in the entire movie.(loin cloths work on plastic toys... on grown men, not so much)

Yeah you're right when the movie comes out and we hear the voices and see the way these characters interact then all that is TF, will come back.

A queston to all: Taking into effect the "no mass-shifting" rule, which Megs would you rather see on screen? Personally the G2 tank would be my choice.

12. turk128

I was hoping for a hi-tech tank myself. Second choice was an advance mobile weapons platform.

13. interceptor

interceptor Local Troublemaker

yeah, but it's those people on all these forums I've visited--and it's nothing anyone can do--even if they made Optimus Prime to look EXACTLY like he did in G1, people are still gonna complain that they should have done something else to him...I think personally, the only reason that Prime has the flames is to break up the red and the blue, Prime's signature colors...seems the only feasible way to do that, otherwise, you'd have an ugly red semi with patches of blue all over it...

14. interceptor

I'm with ya on this--I think Bay won't let people down like many are feeling he will-with the technology they have, some key voice actors, and the TF's colors (except for Jazz and a few others), they'll pull it off--watching the old cartoon, even the robots had individual personalities, which I'm hoping with the CGI that they have, they'll be able to pull it off...

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I really like Ratchet's new look. Finally, a fitting alt mode for a great G1 character. Honestly, I always hated his "soccer mom" 80's van mode--it wasn't realistically big enough to be an ambulance in the first place.

In the Marvel comics, Ratchet was a more complex character, not the whining "Dr. McCoy" stereotype he played on the series, and he practically carried the story by himself for a while there. But whenever he transformed into alt mode, it was kind of a downer. I always felt sorry for kids who wanted to buy Ratchet because the toy was so far removed from the way he appeared in the TV show and comic. It was a little disappointing.

As for that pic of Ironhide--I was hoping he'd be a Hummer or some sort of cool-looking SUV, but I like the truck. Does seem fitting for him too.

16. interceptor

Yeah, I love how they all look except for Jazz. There's nothing "jazzy" about it. It's a solstice...not my idea of an exotic car-but the powers that be have their own agenda, and that's cool. But Ironhide's a bad ass, glad to see he's gonna have a bad-ass alt mode-really wanting to see how Starscream turns out...

17. 11046

11046 Active Member

Well, I don't wanna sound mean, but... Anybody that can add 2 + 2 and get 4 when it comes to this magnum opus.

You've got designs that don't look like Transformers
    You've got a script where they don't act like Transformers(which ain't even getting into its epic, all-around lameness)
    You've got spin raining down like a halestorm

When I see people saying there's no telling whether or not this movie's prancing down Godzilla Alley yet, it reminds me of Homer Simpson saying "It's just a little airborne! It's still good, it's still good!", and that one always made me laugh. Humour really buffers the tragedy. So thanks for making this whole mess easier on me.

18. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

All of what you listed is VERY subjective,yet you're presenting it like it's a known fact.

Besides how does a character "Act like a Transformer"?:inquisiti 

That honestly makes NO sense since you either are or you aren't

19. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I find it funny how many people are bringing up the US Godzilla series. As lambasted as it is, it's now an official Kaiju (Even though that was mostly as a joke). It also spawned a fairly well liked 2 season cartoon series. People should hope the movie does that successfully.

20. interceptor

so, in your opinion, how are transformers supposed to look and act?? considering most all of the transformers have gone through some kind of change in their appearance over the years, how's this any different? as far as "acting" like TF's-you're basing your opinion on a script that may or may not be 100% accurate-you've been given very, very basic designs of the robots, but like everyone else, have no idea what the finished product will look like! That's like the dumbasses that see a "leaked pic" of Optimus Prime's left ass cheek, and automatically say "oh God, that looks NOTHING like Prime's ass!!! This movie's gonna suck! I hate it already!!" But I'm sure you'll be first in line to get the movie tickets-