Hi Res Autobot Transformers Movie Vehicle modes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acteon, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
  2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

For Ratchet as a character, the color is a little weird, but no worse than what happened to the other G1 characters during Generation 2 ;) 

As an actual rescue vehicle, that color is not at all uncommon.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    See, the cool thing that I'm liking more and more with these vehicle Alt. modes is something I've been a proponent of for a long time - subtle faction insignias. If these guys are truly "in disguise," then I think it makes sense that their Autobot & Decepticon symbols are hard to spot immediately. The fact that they're peripheral - that they're details that distinguish, say, Brawl* the copcar from the other police cars - is really neat.

And no, I don't care if they changed Brawl's name to something else, because I can't really remember which name they changed it to and that has nothing to do with the point I'm making. And no, I don't think it matters that Brawl is a Ford Mustang and the others are Crown Victorias. I was talking about the livery.

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn...
    I want that Jazz bad...
    On another note, cant wait to see Rachet.

5. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Those custom logos and Brawls "to punish and enslave" are total throwbacks to the toys...specifically G2 era stuff when the names were printed on the robots and some of them had fancy logos just like that.

To me its a little touch that reminds me of the figures... I only wish they were all wearing "Cybertronian radials"

6. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Barricade's custom police logo is still my favorite of the bunch. "To Punish and Enslave' was a mark of genius, IMO. It's one of those things where, at first glance, you dont notice anything different because the 'font' is so similar. It's only when you look carefully you notice the change.

7. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    awesome pictures, imma punt this to news and rumors since this is front page material

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I love how most of the first two pages are bitching about the size of the pics. good ol' TF fans just cant be happy.

Also the car under the cover I am almost 100% sure is Jazz (Pontiac Solstice) but no-one seems to have to brains to figure it out on that forum... it's funny.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    so hawt <3

10. betetta

betetta guitar face

i was 99% sure that ratchet was the bot behind of starscream on the bots's diorama topic, now i'm 100% sure

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Now that's clever! Very good, I like it.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    <3<3 I love it!

13. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    What I don't understand is the comment on the hosting board about it sucking because it's a GM sponsored movie...WTF? First, yeah, you've got 4 GMs there, but, well, um, there's a Stang, and a KW (IIRC) for Prime. Last I check, the General doesn't own those. Also, I seem to remember a lot of other movies sponsored by other manufacturers that sucked and didn't suck, so. Hat's off to GM for making one helluva commercial to reveal my new Camaro to the public. Oh, BTW, it's official, you can buy a Bumblebee in a few years!! Sign me up for a yeller one!

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I extend my heart-felt thanks to Michael Bay & Co because NOTHING MORE can shock me now. :rip 

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Ah, I love reading comments like that. It goes to show just how close minded some people can be. :) 

Wow. I REALLY like Ratchet's new vehicle mode. It fits him really well, as do most of the other vehicles for the respective characters.

Even though he may not have been received well when "leaked" I think Megatron is going to look AWESOME once we see him moving or, should I say, animated.

16. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

Generally I have NOT been a fan of this movies design choices, especially the characters. That having been said, i like the new alt mode for IronHide , and hell, I dont even mind black ( if Optimus was red). What I dont understand is Ratchet. They are suppose to blend in in alt form. A "normal ambulance would look cool and still work. This hummer thing is weird. I would have made a straight up hummer Iron Hide and made ratchet a normal, modern , ambulance. and why have two yellow cars? You'd think for varieties sake they would have him white. I just dont get it.[​IMG]

17. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

this just went up. The closer you get the UGLIER it is.[​IMG]

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Mm..I don't think close minded is the correct word when I can relate to Movie Prime & that copter's mode. (Sorry but it's name kinda slipped my mind) I just felt that an ambulance would have fitted Ratchet better than it's current form & I'm 100% sure that I'm NOT the only person who's feeling this way. Just keep a lookout for upcoming post & you will see what I mean. :wink: 

19. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I'm in love with those vehicles. That rednecky truck fits Ironhide's personality perfectly (and is much more apt than a small Japanese minivan), and also serves as an unintentional throwback to his Diaclone days, when he was black as well. Ratchet is several shades of badass with those meaty tyres of his. That emblem is also quite creative. As for the yellow, here in Florida, fire rescue vehicles tend to be either red or bright neon yellow, so Ratchet's colours seem perfectly normal to me.

He sure looks like an ambulance from where I'm standing. Granted, he's not a traditional ambulance, but an ambulance nonetheless.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

well, in case you HADNT noticed, the vehicles chosen arent exactly your run of the mill "everyman" car

unreleased yellow camaro with racing stripes?
    huge long nose semi with red flames?
    tricked out grey pontiac solstice?
    jumped up black GMC?

i dont see how a lime/yellow Hummer emergency vehicle is really that much of a stretch

these vehicles all really pop out, and i think thats what the filmmakers and hasbro want. memorable vehicles you could see and say "hey! thats [insert character name]

vehicles [which includes colors and what not] that will really jump off the screen/off the shelves

so yeah

while a white ambulance would be more "traditional" [in both real world AND fanboi sense] thats not what they want