HFTD the Fury of Bonecrusher (Ironhide and Bonecrusher) - pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SydneyY, Nov 6, 2010.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Found the set at my local Target today. The price was AU$49, and since a Voyager figure can cost $45 ~ $50 here I figured it's worth the money. (I'd have happily paid that much for Ironhide alone :) )

The set comes with a "Most Wanted Decepticon" card of Bonecrusher's mugshot.

Bonecrusher
    Straight up repaint of 2007 Movie deluxe version.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The colour is light beige, and there is a "scar" on the hood. In robot mode, he has some green;
    [​IMG]

Battle damaged face;
    [​IMG]
    To me this is his best feature. I am not very keen on the colour scheme, though I do like the mould.

[​IMG]

Ironhide
    Straight up repaint of ROTF Recon Ironhide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The mud splash is nicely done. I don't have the TFTM Offroad Ironhide to compare, but from the images I have seen the paint applications seem to be finer on this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wish his head had more paint, oh well. He's still got a really nice head sculpts anyway.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall I am very pleased with the set. It is hugely due to how awesome Recon Ironhide mould is, but it was also nice to re-visit Bonecrusher figure.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll pass..

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That Ironhide looks REALLY nice.

Dammit, I thought I'd be able to skip getting a 5th version of this mold. (Only passed on Premium so far.)

4. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

This is only the second version of the mold, though. Recon Ironhide is a new (and infinitely better) mold than the previous Voyager. What makes Recon Ironhide less than ideal is the paintjob - those lightning streaks, the terrible front windscreen, and the cheap-looking unpainted plastic bumber and back railings. The new repaint has a massive improvement on the front windscreen, although the head looks really bland. The bumpers are all still unpainted too.

They were saying the clean door stood out like a sore thumb, but I'm glad it doesn't look as obvious as it could be. I'll probably wait for another repaint, though.. I really want him in normal movie colours, and this mold looks like it could be used for Movie 3.

I much prefer Bonecrusher in his normal colours, although he's really hard to find. I'd like him even better if he was a Voyager, but that's up to Hasbro someday, hopefully. Still, if I ever see this on clearance, and if I still haven't found a Bonecrusher or a Voyager Ironhide I like, I'll pick this up. It's not quite there, but not bad at all.

5. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Pass....There reissuing these figures to death.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Only parts of it are new. The head, weapons/bumper, and the parts that form the robots backpack are new. everything else is from the 2007 voyager.

7. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

They look so different when standing side by side, though. Recon Ironhide looks the right shape, while the 2007 Voyager looks a bit square. Maybe the parts which were changed made a huge difference!!

8. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Man this set looks pretty good. The mud paint apps are done soo well. But I really can't justify a third boncrusher and a fourth Ironhide.

9. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

The Ironhide repaint looks great (even if I think they should spend their time on a new voyager figure of him instead), but Bonecrusher is bland to the point of annoyance.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get my hands on this set. That Blue Ironhide looks to me to be the best one yet. Mine, Mine, Mine.

11. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    What does the card say? The box advertises it as 'the conclusion of the hunt', and I'm curious to know what this is (even if it is 'Bonecrusher dies horribly').

I'm even curious to know the conclusion for the Mudflap/Starscream two-pack, because that is the worst matchup since the Skids vs Megatron Robot Heroes pack.

12. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

Ugh & wtf!!!

What's the deal!!! A Target Exclusive?!?!?! I was on Hasbro's website the other day and they said the 'Fury of Bonecrusher' 2-pack is going to be a Walmart Exclusive for $29.99 USD.

Ironhide looks OK, nothing to write home about.

Bonecrusher looks like he stopped going to the beach (or the tanning booth, to be honest).

SydneyY: You can always swap heads to your favorite Ironhide head.

13. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Target in Australia is not related to Target in America. Exclusives are offered to whoever will pick them up in each country. That $49 is a good deal for us because that is the normal price for just Ironhide on his own.

14. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bonecrushers hates how the Ironhide is the selling point of his exclusive pack :lol . I'm really glad I didn't pick up Recon Ironhide, as this version came along and I love how it looks.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^:lol  I wish the toy Bonecrusher's face looked more angry!

The original TFTM Ironhide had been my favourite for so long, even after the ROTF one (a bigger cannon was nice but not so great head sculpts and colour scheme), then Jarodimus hooked me up with Recon Ironhide and I finally had a better Ironhide toy :D  The roof not popping off in robot mode alone is worth the money. I hope this mould will be released in glossy black one day. If it gets used in the next movie, judging how TakTom favours "metallic" finish in their versions of TFA and Generations/United, I should think there's a good chance.

I've attached the scans of the card :)  There's a code as well, althoughI haven't tried it myself. His fate might be found there?
    I don't think I'll ever find out what's on Starscream's card though... it was indeed a bad set. I like Voy Starscream and don't hate Dlx Mudflap, but those repaints were horrible.

As odeean has explained how it is in Australia, the distribution is quite different (and expensive :( ) here. I think K-mart here is not the same company as the American one, either.
    Thank you for the tip about the head swap, I didn't think of it. I'll see if the plastic colour matches :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^ Seconded. Although I will do something about that unpainted head of his! :ev: 
    Thanks SydY! :D 

17. sentinal prime

sentinal prime Well-Known Member

this item is old came out in toronto about 2 months ago on clearance at walmart just old thing repainted agagain and again no new ideas huh

18. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Yeah we've had this in Canada for well over a month now. I passed on it until it goes to Clearance.

19. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

If Boney was a voyager,I'd pick this up in a heartbeat. He's not so pass.

20. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

The fury of Bonecrusher? Yep...He sure looks furious.