HFTD Scout class Breacher

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by eisen, Jul 29, 2010.

1. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

when i bought this little dude in the store i kinda fell in love with him.

from the Hunt For the Decepticons line of transformers toys comes this little dude named breacher who transforms into a tiny blue APC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seriously, i know why i bought this, it's because he looks a little like Roller--that little car thing that came with G1 Optimus Prime. a really pleasant surprise!

[​IMG]

from now on you shall be roller!

[​IMG]

vehicle-mode wise he's pretty good and detailed, with a lot of layered surfaces on him like hatches, windows, and panels he's pretty visually interesting. plus, turn him over and the robot is pretty well hidden in this mode.

[​IMG]

transformation wise-- there's a lot of unfolding with this little guy, at first the transformation from bot to vehicle will be frustrating with parts that only snap in place thanks to opposing push and pull forces coming from parts that don't seem to fit but actually have the right kind of elasticity to them to clip together. to put it into perspective, drop him from any height and he might split open like an egg... and that would take care of half the transformation you'd need to do to turn him into a robot.

[​IMG]

speaking of which he's a handsome robot, mostly blue with white parts to break the monotony what i love about him is he's more classic looking than movie influenced in this mode, most particularly on his face which i'll touch on later.

[​IMG]

from the side he still looks a little solid, having a good amount of bulk in all the right places, but

[​IMG]

look at him from the back and he seems to be missing a huge chunk of armor. it's honestly ugly in my opinion.

[​IMG]

going back to his whole "looks more classic" deal, it's most visible in the face. a clear, humanoid, anime-ish face with a nose a complete pair of eyes ans a scowling mouth. he reminds me of a certain transformer but the name escapes me.

[​IMG]

when it comes to articulation he's a lot better off than most scouts, and even some deluxes. i'd swear he was meant for a bigger pricepoint. and he comes with a weapon! unlike other scouts from recent years.

[​IMG]

has a nice solid center of gravity, though balance is still a little off in some places.but damn, he can pull off a pose! and his joints are tight, a little too tight even. i'm a little afraid too much strain on his joints could cause them to warp and tear off, as the joints are made from a softer ABS than the rest of the body

[​IMG]

overall i'd give this figure a 8 out of 10 in regards to a scout class toy, surprisingly good figure and well worth the money i shelled out.

--Eisen 2010

2. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Definitely can't wait to get this guy, I think he looks great. When is he supposed to hit store shelves in the USA?

3. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    This guy looks great! Thanks for the pics.

4. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    This guy could very well be my favorite scout from the ROTF/HFTD line.

I love the APC mode, the detachable weapon, the colors, the headsculpt, it all makes for a great toy.

I will troop building this guy. Seaspray and his Breachers!

5. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Still undecided on Seaspray, myself, but Breacher is a must-have. Chalk up another with for the scout class.

6. DolphinMoo

DolphinMoo Well-Known Member

Seaspray is awesome. Seaspray + Breacher = OMG awesome.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Sounds more like a rock band then anything else. :D 

Yeah, I want to see some more photos of Breacher and Seaspray. Breacher is one of the most desired figures I want from the HTFD line. The little guy just oozes character. Like he could belong to The Wreckers or some other special ops group. The more I see of him, the more I like him! He looks less movie-verse, and more Classics-esque.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, he's SO badass!

I didn't really get all the hype over the rotf scouts. I picked up a few, and they were ok. But these new HFTD scouts look way better. I love Hubcap and this guy looks even better!

9. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

How fiddly is he?
    I mean is he fiddly like Skyshadow or more solid like Brimstone?

10. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

you mean fiddly to transform? i'd say a little like crankstart.

11. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    There were a bunch of great ROTF scouts. Ransack (AWESOME), Skystalker, Brakedown (AWESOME), Depthcharge, Rollbar, Ejector.

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Yeah gotta get this to pair up with Seaspray

13. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great, now I can't look at him without thinking of Roller. His shoulder joints have loosened up a bit in the two weeks that I've had him though and I don't think there is a risk of shearing off the arms anymore, but I would advise caution when he is new out of the box and all stiff.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot about Skystalker. I like him! Brakedown ...is ok. the gorilla arms on him i could do without. Ejector is awesome (Took a cool pic of him for the cool stuff thread)

The rest are meh.

Anyway, any shots of Breacher with Seaspray?

15. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I really like Brakedown a lot, I transform him back and forth all the time. He's just fun to fiddle with.

16. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whenever I see photos of this guy his blue looks like a sky blue on my monitor, but the one that I own is a deep royal blue. Do I have a bootleg? I'll post pics of him with Seaspray sometime tomorrow.

17. CookSux

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Took a few pictures... hopefully they don't disappoint.

[​IMG]
    Here are the two toys together.

[​IMG]
    I dunno how purposeful this is supposed to be, especially since Breacher doesn't lock into place. I actually don't think he fits very well at all compared to some other toys, and it just slips around.

[​IMG]
    This is the only level of interaction I can see... you've seen it here first folks. The gun fits perfectly into the groove of the turret, the only problem is, is that there isn't a peg hole to hold the gun, so it just stays there via gravity. Missed opportunity in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    Here they are in robot mode. Mindwipe and Skystalker are definitely a more cohesive bunch than these two.

BTW My Breacher's head doesn't turn on his ball joint very well and falls out all the time. Is mine a lemon?

18. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, your copy does seem like a bit of a lemon with that head issue. If anything, it was just as stiff and secure as the shoulder joints when I first got my copy of the figure.

19. Avaran

Avaran Member

News Credits:
    Can you please fold out the last part of the deck on Seaspray and see if Breacher fits better then? I see that you have not flipped up the final plate
    to complete it (underneath Seaspray in the back).

20. CookSux

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't make much difference. It'll fit, but like I said before, no matter what, there is nothing to lock Breacher in place. Since Breacher is also on wheels, it just slips around, back extended or not.