Minor/Repaint: HFTD Red Alert

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by HMR, Dec 18, 2010.

1. HMR

HMR Active Member

So, ever since me and my friend saw the Deluxe Ratchet mold, we couldn't help but notice that it seemed kinda... well, feminine. Since he's a lover of all things Fembots, he threw out the idea of giving it a new head and painting it red and white to make it into the Red Alert from Animated.

Well... thankfully, the Rescue Ratchet deco came out, and saved me just a bit of work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the head, I used a ROTF Chromia and a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to fill in her face and to make her nurse hat. I shaved off a good bit of the collar around the neck joint to allow the new head to fit on (she's got okay range of motion, going side to side and a bit up and down) the two massive heels, and a good chunk of the front of the feet, then sculpted on rounded tips on the front of her feet, and a solid heel on the back. After a few splashed of white on the shins and hands (and a bit of red for her underbust) and she was done.

This is actually the most extensive mod I've done so far to a Transformer (then again, the only other things I have done are just little details here and there, and one total repaint), so, please, go easy on me.

Attached Files:

2. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

I really like this idea. You did a great job! I think I may go out and make me one of these, if I find the mold.

3. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I was wondering if this might work! That deluxe ratchet even transforms similarly to TFA red!

You've pulled it off with aplomb! I'm impressed, and more than a little envious. Well done sir!

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Darn, darn and thrice darn, thought I was the only one going to do this (me so :crazy: )

Are you going to try and do Red Alert's matron hat?

5. HMR

HMR Active Member

I can't make her hat as tall as it appeared in Animated because of clearance issues. I'm realizing right now it's hard to see in these pics, but, she has a hat similar, just nowhere near as tall. After it was all done, it kinda reminded me of RiD Prowl's head, to be honest.

6. onslaught314

onslaught314 Saxobot

News Credits:
    This made my day. Ahahaha

7. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    well you could alwasy make the hat a seperate piece and embedd a magnet into it.