Minor/Repaint: HftD Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    I just used movie renders as reference (as usual) to repaint this great smaller version of Optimus for better movie accuracy.
    Hopefully the gold ring around the matrix gives off a tiny G1 feel.
    I found this nifty little way to make the swords look a bit more accurate too by putting the hands away and pushing the swords into the forearm sliding part.

The sword colors aren't blended together well enough in this picture but I've fixed that already. I'm not taking new pics of it any time soon though.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    cool

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Very nice! My only crit would be that the silver on the faceplate/cheeks looks like the flat stock silver paint. Would be nice if you could also drybrush that area so that it goes well with the rest of the nice metallic robot parts.

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I like this. The gold around the Matrix is a nice touch and does indeed give him a G1 feel. This is THE best voyager prime yet. It really looks like a mini version of the leader figure.

5. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

vedddy nice.. i gotta get my hands on one of these.. i also like how u tucked his hands in when u took pics w/ the sword.. iunno if that is wat everyone does or u just thought of that urself but its the small details like that which counts!

great paint job, presentation, A+

6. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Thanks guys. Yeah I only repainted the parts that Hasbro didn't color right. I left the little bit of silver they used alone.