HFTD Legends Rampage

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by thenatureboywoo, Oct 24, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Hello Everyone,

I picked up another Legends figure because I've been really taking a liking to the ones I've purchased lately. So I figured since I got Longhaul, he needed Rampage to go along with him. I remember listening to the Podcast and hearing Vangelus mention that Rampage is not that good. But he was only 5 bucks so I gave him a chance.

I personally think he is okay. Not on par with Longhaul, but Longhaul is a great legends. What is good about him is that like Longhaul, the HTFD version of Rampage is much more screen accurate. I like his jackhammer mode and I was suprised that I could actually stand him that way to take pictures. He is not incredibly stabile that way, but he does stand. To make him more stabile in his "legs mode" simply flip the bottom of his legs back and pull them apart. He looks kind of stumpy that way, but he is more stabile. His Alt mode is good and I'm on the fence if it's worse than the combiner version. And now for some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For a full gallery of pics click here, Rampage - HFTD Version - ROTF Decepticon Legends - TFW2005.COM

Some random notes/thoughts,
    - It cannot replace the other Rampage as legends Devastator's leg.
    - While there are hip joints (ball and socket), they seem to have a flat spot on the ball or something that doesn't allow the legs to be spread apart in a way that looks natural. They either want to be too close together, or too far apart.

My final thought on Rampage is that he is good enough to convince me to keep buying more legends class figures. :) 

Attached Files:

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I bought it, and regret it. I'm a mold completionist with legends, so that's rare. you can't really DO anything with it. Just getting it to stand for any amount of time is a headache. I think he easily overtakes Cybertron Hot Shot as the "worst thing" released in the legends class.

3. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

He was one of the first I bought, and still one of my favourites. Easy to transform, quite solid with no pieces which pop off easily, and quite intimidating in looks, he brings the character of the monster in movie out quite well. I wish he was a Scout, though, so he could tower over Bumblebee.

He does stand fairly easily too, even after so long (I thought as the folding part at the feet gets looser over time he'll fall more often, but he's still very stable on a flat surface), and that Jackhammer mode looks good. Only thing I wish he had was better arm articulation (the arms can't really rotate) but on the overall a toy with great play value compared with some of the other Legends which look nice but don't really stand up to playing much. Even as a display piece he doesn't really lose out that much compared to the others.