HFTD Legends Long Haul

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by thenatureboywoo, Oct 17, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Hello everyone, :) .

I don't pick up alot of legends class figures. I am very picky of which ones I do pick up. I have ROTF Arcee, ROTF Wheelie, HFTD Ravage, ROTF Devastator, and a few others. So I picked up HFTD legends Long Haul yesterday. I was really looking forward to him ever since I seen his pics. He is right on par with the legends I previously mentioned. He looks so much more like he does in the movie as compared to his ROTF combiner version. I'm not going to go to much into their modes as it is a legends and these pics speak for themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full gallery of pictures here.

A few other notes here:

- He cannot be substituted instead of the other Long Haul to form Devastator's leg.
    - His arm's can move vertically on their ball joint. Then in turn the whole arms can move horizontally as the grey "shoulder" joint can move forwards.
    - His hip joints can allow his legs to move into a sitting position. They cannot move backwards. The hip joints also allow his legs to turn outwards.
    - His knee joints are only there to transform into alt mode, as they work backwards to how a real knee works.
    -There is no joint to allow his head to move, as it is in a fixed position.
    -In alt mode, the dumper does not function.

To wrap it up, I'd say he is one of the, if not the best legend out there.

Attached Files:

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Slick! , so much better than the other one. Like a mini FAB Long Haul almost.

Killer pics man

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of the ROTF Long Haul design and I just love how much detail this little fella has. I'm tempted to buy another and give him extra paint. Mine has a tendency to fall backwards unless I set his legs and feet just right. I think what does take away from him a bit are the screw holes in his dumper.

4. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not usually a fan of legends figures, but I got this guy last week. I've got to say, he's awesome. As the comparison pics show, he's loads better than the Devastator version. My only problem with him is his arms don't peg well into his chest for transformation. But I can easily overlook that. :) 

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Easily my favorite movieverse Legends figure. Looks great in both modes and I particularly love the shade of green he's cast in. Best looking version of the character IMO.

6. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Got this guy yesterday along with tracker hound. He is really nice, but I like tracker hound more due to the knee articulation.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ewww...

The lack of knee articulation takes away from this for me, but overall it's an excellent little figure. So much better than the Devastator version.
    I just wish it could have been one of the 'bigger' Legends figures, like the LOC stuff. As he is, he's rather short compared to his case-mates.

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I couldn't think of any cleaner way to describe it. :p 

I almost think this guy would've made for a nice Scout-sized figure. might've been a nice way to have all the Constructicons, and maybe even a combination.

9. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

Anybody else's LLH have legs that pop off the hip joint all the time?
    What can I do to fix the problem?
    Thanks.

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    nice pics and review. Lots of details for a Legend size toy

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    You mean they're loose? The nail polish trick should fix that. Or do you mean that they pop off when you move them? Often that means the ball isn't quite spherical.

12. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

This.

13. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Check the ball and the inside of the socket in case there's a little bit of excess flash left that's causing the problem. If not then hold the ball up and turn it around to see if it's properly spherical. Might be that it's slightly malformed and just needs a tiny rub with a file to smooth off a bump. Most of the ball joints on my Breacher were oddly shaped and needed a little lick of the rasp to ease them. Before modifying the balls though just move the ball around in the socket to see if that wears off the problem without needing to take a tool to it.

14. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

I actually found the Voyager version quite a good scale compared with the Legends cars... but yes, would be nice to get some Scout-class movie-line figures who were actually in the movie. Scout is the only line which doesn't have a single in-movie character even in the HFTD series.

15. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Ejector is in the movie. And Insecticon. Sorta. Could do with more though. The movie Scouts have been doing some amazing things recently and I too would like to see that applied to more on-screen characters.

And I love my Voyager Long Haul. :) 

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

A lot of those figures are in the movie in some shape or form. Usually they're based on background vehicles.

17. Charsiupao

Oh yeah, forgot about Insecticon.. and Scalpel. Ejector was well, kinda too. It's a lovely line, though, sometimes feeling even more solid than Deluxe.

Was hoping for larger vehicles which would scale with Legends (like Rampage, Optimus Prime, etc), or smaller vehicles which would scale with Deluxe.. like.. um.. not sure, really. The bikes are too big for this. Probably Skids and Mudflap then.

18. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I concur. Maybe even have a mix of size classes. Kinda like this:

- Legends hand-bulldozer
    - Scout Rampage
    - Scout small-yellow-dump-truck
    - Deluxe Long Haul
    - Deluxe Scrapper
    - Deluxe Hightower
    - Deluxe Mixmaster
    - Voyager Scavenger (not a retool of Demolishor, new accurate-er mold)

No, I didn't have this planned beforehand, I can just think up crazy ideas like this on the spot. I'm a little bit nuts.

That said, Long Haul here looks pretty cool, but his apparent lack of articulation puts him down to "get-him-if-I-can-afford-it" status.

19. Charsiupao

Just got him today, and my son loves it. The left leg (facing you) pops out if you separate the legs with too much force, so I taught him to separate them gently and it hasn't popped out since.

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Yes I don't really get into legends too, but had to get this guy...so much details...nice pics