HFTD Leader Optimus or DOTM Leader Sentinel

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primewave, Aug 26, 2011.

?

HFTD Optimus or DOTM Sentinel

1. HFTD Optimus

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. DOTM Sentinel

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I am torn between Hunt for the Decepticons ROTF Leader Optimus since I still need him to combine with my Jetfire. Amazon.com currently has him listed for $34.79.

But I also want Leader Sentinel Prime. What should I get?

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait. The poll is misleading.

Is it ROTF Optimus (with the swords, face shield and no battle damage) or HFTD Optimus (with the hooks, no face shield and battle damage)?

If it's ROTF Optimus, go for it. Great figure.
    If it's HFTD Optimus, go for Sentinel first, then worry about him later.

The original ROTF mold is fantastic. The HFTD mold not so much. ROTF will beat Sentinel one handed. Sentinel will beat HFTD no hands, just curb stomp him with his feet. :D 

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have Sentinel, so I can't say how good he is, but the ROTF Leader Prime mold is excellent, although I really don't like the ugly battle damage on the HFTD one, and I prefer the swords to the hooks. Still, if you like/don't mind those, and you want Optimus, then I suggest going to a TJ Maxx or Marshall's. You could probably find one there for $25.

4. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
  5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Tough choice in my opinion. Both are really great figures. I have the first version ROTF with blades and it is a wonderful figure. A difficult transformation at first but keep working at it and you will eventually master it. THe HFTD figure is a great substitute for the bladed one and the hooks supposedly make posing the arms easier; a problem with the bladed version when the knives are not deployed. I just don't care for the battle damage.

Sentinel Prime is, much like HFTD Prime, a really great figure. Again a very complex transformation but with practice becomes very easy and innovative. Clearly one of the best and one of my favorites in the DOTM line.

If I'd choose only one, I think Prime just slightly eeks out ahead of Sentinel. Plus he finishes up the combining feature with Jetfire.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I would go for Sentinel as I really dislike the battle damage on the HFTD Prime. Option 2- look for a ROTF Prime.

7. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own both, and I love them both. But if your looking for a prime to combine with jetfire, the battle damaged HFTD one is really good, and if you like battle damage like me, You'll like him. As an FYI, My mom dragged me into TJ Maxx and to my surprise, I found HFTD Leader Optimus for 24.99. Ya might wanna check there before you buy the 34.99 amazon one, w/ shipping