HftD Insecticon question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just have one, hopefully simple, question for those that own this figure. Are the ball joints that attach the wings to him and the ball joints that attach his arms to him the same size?

Basically, would it be possible to replace the insect wings with an additional set of arms from a second copy of the mold?

To give a visual representation of what I have in mind, would it be possible to take this:

[​IMG]

Get rid of the wings, and replace them with a pair of arms from a second copy of the mold to form something along the lines of this:

[​IMG]

I've got more mod ideas for the mold, but if this one was as simple as popping off the wings and popping on the arms it would be very helpful.

Attached Files:

2. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

no.

BUT, you can attach a set of legs instead of arms if you wanted. it wouldn't match but it would fit.

if you absolutely need to have the arms all look uniform you're going to need to replace the pegs for his wings with some that are smaller to accommodate the arm sockets.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm..ok, thanks for the help. A set of legs would work, but I would have preferred to use more of the arms. Though using legs instead of arms would help the sort of miss-matched/crazy look I want to give him. I'm also more worried about getting his alt-mode to look right than I am the bot-mode, since I'm referencing something specific with the alt-mode. Bot-mode can be a bit more hap-hazard if need be.

Still, the hardest mod I have planned for him will be the arm I'll be modding onto his back that'll act sorta like a scorpion tail in alt-mode.

4. wm10k

well, not knowing what the alt mode is referencing....i'm not sure you'll be able to convincingly add a 4th pair of legs without any cutting/modding/bashing going on where his wings attach. they just sit too high imo.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The akward position of them will work in my favor. I just finised a digibash of the bot-mode, so I'll probably be posting a thread for this idea in the near future. Will try and get people to guess what I'm attempting to reference. There's bound to be someone on here who will get it (seeing the desired result will help).

6. wm10k

well, can't wait to see how it turns out anyhow.

good luck, mang.