HFTD Hailstorm Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I actually like this guy. The articulation is great, the transformation is fun, and the missile launchers look awesome in 'bot mode. Only bad part is that the actual missiles are so long.

2. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Hubcap??

*runs to den, picks up Hubcap*

No shit! I never realized the tailpipes on his arms can accommodate these weapons! Thanks for that.

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I trimmed the missiles on mine down to the black bits. They don't really fire now, but they look so much better.

4. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Am I the only one that isn't digging him quite as much as everyone else? I saw Peaugh's vid review (great stuff, keep up the good work sir!) when it came out and it looked so awesome. When I got it and transformed him, he just kinda looks short, squat, and kinda hulkish, like if it were a TF version of Michael Chiklis or something.

Musta been the lighting or something? I'm trying to give him a chance so we'll see. If not, time for eBay or Junkion.

5. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Quick question, and I apologize in advance if I missed it already in the thread:

Are the hands on this guy articulate? I can't quite tell from the pictures. I see a lot of people using him in making customs and a few I have in mind would likely benefit from using him. However I'd like to have him be able to hold other things.

Thanks in advance!

6. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

They are not, unfortunately - and doubly unfortunately, they're not 5mm grip, either.

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    This guy looks perfect along side Darkmount, I have to say. They have a very similar aesthetic, with the same balance of "tech" surface detailing, and similar sized altmodes. I love the flexibility in his legs, with the crazy ankles, and while I wish he had a balljoint at his shoulders instead of the 2D swivel joint he's been given, I think he'sa fantastic and fun little figure.

I definitely hacked off the ends of all those missiles, though. He looks so much better without all of those tails hanging out of the back of his launchers.

He's a very characterful little figure, and he manages to introduce a little bit of creativity to an otherwise simple transformation.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Mine has been hanging out with Darkmount since I got him last Friday. Along with the overall aesthetics I find the colors complement each other nicely. :) 

And cutting the missiles is definitely an improvement.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I've got Darkmount commanding a whole contingent of "figures that look cool but aren't necessarily Classics," like the PCCs, Hailstorm and Terradive, and some older figures. The RiD Jhiaxus fits in well with Terradive

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I love this dude. He's a pretty original dude with a cool transformation. His arms are a little long for my taste and the missiles are too long as well. I might hack mine down.

[​IMG]
    Hunt for the Decepticons Hailstorm by thenatureboywoo, on Flickr

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was gonna hack down the missles myself but now I've kinda got used to them and there's a certain appeal of him having them poke out the back. Perhaps they make him seem a bit less compact and chunky.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

He looks pretty tough! I've been limiting myself lately, but I just might buy this guy.

13. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my desk at work is now home to 3 hailstorms. i like this little bugger a lot. im in the process of modding one. i removed both forearms and replaced them with claws.

14. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    See, I want to troop build him too, but I may save that for mindset! I don't know for sure though!

15. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I just picked up this lil dude today along with Sidearm Sideswipe (FINALLY!!) I really do like him, he's not exactly conventional but he's really cool!!

16. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I've been deabting him for a while, I might pick him up if I get a few bucks to spare, lord knows I need a couple more decepticons to fill out the ranks.

17. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    You won't be diappointed. He's also only $9 at walmart at he moment. He's definately not tall and lanky like terradive, tomahawk, wfc figs, and most of he new toys. He's short and solid. A really cool concept as opposed to a lot of the newer movie designs.

18. Mr007Jamster

Mr007Jamster Decepticon Leader

Thanks Peaugh! I love your video reviews.

19. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I really like displaying Hailstorm with my Cyberverse toys. He seems like a good size for them...

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I know that Terradive's "canon" partner is Jetblade, but I added Hailstorm to the group. They look great together, as a quirky decepticon squad/ comedy trio.