Heavy/Scratch: HftD Battle Blades modifications.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lukelbs, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Brand New: Science Fiction = Masterpiece

Ebay:
    I have slowly, yet surely been making modifications to my Battle Blades Optimus Prime (technically AOE Revenge Optimus Prime). I decided to make a thread sharing what I've done so far. Warning, it's going to be picture heavy.

Here he is thus far next to his unpainted and unmodified former self. 20170428_203746.jpg

First off, there is the knocked knee issue that was easily fixed with some super glue.
    But another addition that is quickly seen is the addition of the DotM abdomen. Here is a closer look: 20170428_205242.jpg
    I simply cut the abdomen from the DotM Voyager and dremeled a place for it on BB Prime. Add super glue and BOOM! He's now his DotM self!

I also didn't like how his tires just hung there if you wanted to use his upper thigh swivel. Easy enough of a fix. Simply cut the piece that holds the wheels in half. Then glue the pieces in there spot so he now has more mobility without compromising his ability to transform. Here is a couple of pictures of that: 20170428_203830.jpg
    A view of the cut. ^
    20170428_205924.jpg
    A view of its function. ^

Of course I removed the blades, with them gone his arms looked thin. I decided to shape and apply arm guards like the ones his cgi model has. And now...PICTURES!
    20170428_203853.jpg 20170428_210308.jpg
    I added magnets to his hands for his blades to attach to, but I may do a hand swap, since I don't like how it looks without the blades.

This figure has a relatively big backpack that tries to be accurate but doesn't quite get it. I mean accurate because it tries to place the hitch on his back like it appears on the cgi model. In an attempt to build on Hasbro's idea, I modified it so that it's a bit smaller and slightly more accurate. I added two joints on each side of the hitch that attach to the back fenders. This allows them to swivel up then they can move side to side on a ball joint. Here are the results with comparisons: 20170428_194407.jpg 20170428_202444.jpg
    20170428_212050.jpg

I cut both fenders off then using the ball joints from cyberverse Sideswipe I reattached them with pins and super glue.
    Here are some detail pictures of the joints: 20170428_212230.jpg 20170428_212154.jpg

I am currently trying to relocate the lower parts of the smokestacks. I have cut them off the side panels of the sleeper part of the cab. I then found a way to attach them to his fuel tanks/blasters to give them more detail and variety. I am trying to figuring out a way to have them reattach to the sleeper cab. It'll be partsforming, but a good compromise I think.
    I am also trying out different ways to attach his blades among other modifications. I'll update when I've got it figured out. But here he is with his blasters:
    20170428_204253.jpg

Thanks for looking.
    Input and ideas are welcome, so leave me a comment if there's something that could work!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Great stuff! Love it!

I also did the wheel mod to mine a few years back! So much better like that!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lukelbs

Ebay:
    Thank you!
    The wheel mod makes such a big difference! I love this figure, he has so much potential!
    What other mod have you done/ have planed for this guy?

4. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    None, sadly. I've fallen for the new TLK voyager Prime instead lolol

Honestly you did a fantastic job especially with the back section!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lukelbs

Ebay:
    Thank you!

But I know what you mean about the new Prime. I just picked up one today and I am blown away by all the sculpted details on him!

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  6. sideswipe801

sideswipe801 Active Member

Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    What about a ball jointed head ? so you can swap for the head without the battle mask if you want to

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lukelbs

Ebay:
    I do want his head on a ball-joint, but I'm running low on ball-joints from other projects, That is part of the reason why this guy is on hold.

8. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    You could try something on the feet so they look less weird.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lukelbs

Ebay:
    I've thought of that, but there isn't much room to work with inn that area due to the way he transforms.

I'll look into it again though just to double check.

• Like Like x 1