HFTD Battle Blade Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Valkysas, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Didnt see an existing topic for him.

Don't let his appearance on the card fool you. In package, he's a squatty little creature. tear him free, and start moving stuff around into a proper robot mode, and you end up with something wonderful.

[​IMG]

Battle Blade Bumblebee is the tallest of the deluxe Bumblebees, the most complex, and the most, well... bad-ass. He puts every other movie bumblebee to shame. his fierce look isnt exactly movie accurate, but when he looks this good, it doesnt matter. He has both an axe and an arm cannon, and nothing is sacrificed to add these weapons. He has the battle mask as well, and again, nothing is sacrificed. his headsculpt is great, and really makes the "preview" wave bumblebee's head look scared and confused in comparison.

Mold-wise, everything is new. no recycled bits from the concept camaro mold. legs transform pretty much the same way, but they're all new parts. the arms are heavily detailed, unlike the chunky flat surfaces of cannon bumblebee.

Okay guys, try to strike an awesome pose.

[​IMG]

Way to suck, preview bee.

Battle Blade Bumblebee looks awesome no matter how he's posed. even just standing there, he looks intimidating. I'm really reminded of animated's dynamic sculpts with him.

For posability, he's got everything preview bee has, and more. he has a thigh swivel, and the parts his arms are attached to can move up and down, much like human alliance bumblebee. he also has a waist swivel.

for transformation, he's pretty much human alliance bumblebee. the way the abdomen folds in, the arms, doors, front wheels, even the top of the car. it's all the same. but his chest is much better. each half is articulated, and parts of the lower grill are also articulated to break up the chest even more.

[​IMG]

Preview bee, go away. you're garbage.

even if you're suffering from bumblebee exhaustion, you really should pick this guy up. he puts every other bumblebee to shame, including human alliance bumblebee. There are a few negatives though. he's lacking in paint applications. he's got them where they count the most, but there's no license plate, and the exhaust pipes are untouched. it's minor when you consider that everything is for the most part cast in the correct color of plastic, and he has a pretty insane part count due to all the features on the toy. the only other negative is that he looks pretty boring front the top, because of the hood of the car that surrounds his head. may not bother you, but it looks off to me. he can look pretty odd when viewed from the front in some poses, as he'll look like he's slouching because of the slope of the car's hood.

he is hands-down, my favorite deluxe from the various ROTF lines. no competition.

Here he is with my other deluxe movie bumblebees.

[​IMG]

I like that he's more of a traditional bumblebee shade of yellow instead of the kinda-orangey shade of the concept camaros.

2. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I love that Bumblebee.

Battle mask, swords, a canon, and two hands! Can't wait to get this guy!

3. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Damn man, that really is pretty nice looking compared to all the other BB molds. His head mold doesn't freak me out like the preview mold's did. I passed on him today to get WFC Bee, but I'm tempted to go back for him next time.

4. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. He is by far one of t he best BBs.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Everything I see about this figure screams "buy me!" but I still can't get over the fact that I have way too many Bees as it is. I will probably just stick with the HA one as my default movie Bee, but this does look like a great figure.

6. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could you get some pictures of the blaster arm midtransformation, et al? Thank you!

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  8. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you very much, Valkysas. That's exactly what I wanted to see.

9. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    I'll probably get this guy eventually, if only for the impressively improved new mold. I also want to see if how the battle mask looks in person. Valkysas, does he have swivels at the wrists?

Call me a sucker though, I still have a lot of love for the original first movie deluxe. Maybe he's not terribly movie accurate, but I dig the bulk and ruggedness of him.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no wrist swivels. just a hinge. swivels with his size would have made the hands pretty delicate, and caused problems with both arm gimmicks and transformation.

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Totally agreed. Just got him today and this is the absolute best Deluxe Bumblebee we've gotten yet. Shame they flooded the shelves with Bumblebee remolds/redecos this time around. I hope he sells well, because THIS is the type of stuff I want to see keep coming out of Hasbro in regards to the movie line.

12. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess I'm gonna have to buy this now. Looks like crap sitting in the bubble though.

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sitting in the bubble, yes he does look like hell.. but man... you get that thing out of the package, and he literally comes to life.. I'm actually already in the process of figuring a couple mods for him :D  to make him even COOLER!!! *GASP* do I dare say that, YES, COOLER!!

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I dig this bee a lot more than I thought I would, but there are a few marks against him on my particular figure - granted maybe I just drew a bunch of short straws on the QC line, but who knows?

- The figure is a lot more "shell-y" than the previous bees - the doors are thinner and the whole figure when transformed into alt mode feels less sturdy thanks to the thinner sidewalls and the big empty space where the gun used to sit on previous deluxes. Also, on my particular figure, the head does NOT want to play nice with the fold-up waist details, which makes either the waist details stick down under the wheels and prevent them from rolling, or his head come off outright (which happens a LOT, especially when transforming. Bee's head just doesn't want to stay on.).

- Likewise, the leg transformation trades the sturdy nature of the original bee for greater detail and mobility - on mine the legs don't seem to want to line up when in car form so that the wheels aren't grinding against his wheel wells in some manner, meaning there's no way to get bee to roll in car mode. A minor niggle, but still a disappointment when, let's face it, that's really all one can expect a carformer to DO in altmode. No amount of fiddling and re-transforming seems to be able to fix this - I don't know if it's all figures or just mine but the gears just wont line up with the precision necessary to make it all work the way it should.

All that said he's still a really nice figure, and I'm glad I got him despite having both the original concept bee and the HA Bee, but I would be hesitant to say he's the best Bumblebee figure released - not just because of the issues with my own figure, but because of the overall smaller size and less "bulletproof" feel of him vs. the previous sculpts and the HA figure.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    overall smaller size? he's bigger than all the other deluxes. in both modes. He's just not as chunky-looking. Well, I don't have cannon bumblebee, but since it recycles legs from the conept camaro, it kind of has to be a similar size to the concept camaro, doesnt it?

I had that problem too. hasnt happened since. I think I just got something lined up wrong during transformation. Just make sure that getting the head and waist piece situated as soon as you flip the hood up.

Mine has no problem rolling either. wheels aren't grinding on anything. it is a tight fit with the rear wheels though. if I nudge them a bit, they do hit the well. but they won't do it on their own.

16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Smaller than the HA. Less sturdy than the old deluxes. I was making separate comparisons, though perhaps I wasn't all that clear :) 

There's nothing I can do do get it to fit right after 3-4 different transformations and extensive experimentation. The tension on the various parts isn't so bad until I peg the hood together with the roof assembly, and then the head pops off.

I guess I'm just super unlucky then. There's absolutely nothing I can do to get the legs on my figure to fold together tight enough that the wheels don't grind against the wheel wells.

17. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    ...i was having my second thoughts on this guy, but whatever. consider him bought. lol

do you think we can get some pics of him compared to, battle blades prime, and deluxe ironhide and ratchet? please? :3

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't have Battle Blades Prime, or Deluxe Ironhide. I can do Ratchet though.

If I manage to find Ironhide before someone else posts a comparison shot of the two, I'll be glad to do that one too.

19. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    thaaanks! :D D

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Hey Quinjester, this is how I have the head on mine stored in vehicle mode without problems. Maybe this will help you? Just make sure his crest is in the opening for it on the back of the lower body piece, and it fits perfectly.

[​IMG]

Okay, and here he is with Ratchet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]