Heavy/Scratch: HFTD Battle Blade Bumblebee Custom WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by heer0san, Feb 15, 2011.

1. heer0san

heer0san Active Member

News Credits:
    I gotta admit Battle Blade Bumblebee is best close accurate Transformer Movie toy since RoTF Optimus Prime but its not totally movie accurate until now.

Thanks to savio prime's Double Blaster Bumblebee custom, I'm inspired to do my own custom of Bee myself. Here's my latest WIP pics of Bumblebee before and after customization.

[​IMG]

I already used the techniques that savio already made on his custom like segmented and angled front chest, ball jointed wrist, thigh armor, and making the feet more movie-like although this makes Bumblebee more taller.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though I'm on limited resources in cannibalizing other figures for ball jointed parts, instead I used unassembled STIKFAS figures lying around in my shelf for ball joints. The collar on Bee's neck is installed based on liquidisk mods, I used a flexible plastic sheet than can easily fold and used wire wraps from TF toy packages and drilled at the base near his neck. Although I need to improve that later on...

So far, I'm happy with the result I made on this custom, I'll try to make some further alterations if I still can before I finally paint the figure.

Attached Files:

2. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

So far nice job.

3. heer0san

heer0san Active Member

News Credits:

Thanks, glad you like it. :) 

4. SwitchPrime

SwitchPrime Wrecker

Ebay:
    Good Job, cant wait to see it finished

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very cool, I like the way that you did the wrist mods over the way Savio did his (sorry bro, but tis true :/) That said, where did you get the joints to do them??

6. heer0san

heer0san Active Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man, you liked what I did to the wrist. I used unassembled STIKFAS kits then totally cannibalized, cut and sanded to fit in Bumblebee's wrists then glued the female joint on the black arm part which I sanded also to fit the joint, I did it like ala Gundam model kit joints.

The downside is it makes Bee's arms a little longer thanks to the mods I made. What's surprising after I made this is I have 2 modes for his newly ball jointed wrist, one is for transformation to vehicle mode and the other in blaster mode. Check the comparison pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got any more of those kits?? :D 

8. heer0san

heer0san Active Member

News Credits:
    Sorry dude, I don't have anymore kits left, I already used on my experiment to get the front chest ball jointed which I got so many errors that I almost used them up. I used the remaining male ball joints to articulate the thigh armor.

STIKFAS kits are now rare to find here in the Philippines (which where I am from) after it pulled out at our local toy stores. I might find these kits at a specialty shop but I don't know how much the kits are now, probably pricey which it can hurt on my budget :(  .

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's cool. I'll check it out on ebay or some online retailers. Thanks though :)  Also, do you happen to remember WHICH stikfas figure the joints you have on this came from??

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    heerOsan, could you take a picture of the new wrist mods with the arms extended and from the inside of the arms. Not that I don't absolutely LOVE what Savio has done with this figure, but the way the mods he came up with the hand can't sit in a relaxed looking state. they are forced to look like he'd be holding a sword over his shoulder no matter how he is posed. Thanks much man!!

11. heer0san

heer0san Active Member

News Credits:

@Omega, here's some hints on the wrist mods I did:

For the male ball joint part, it was extremely sanded down to fit in Bumbbee's hand, actually to tell you the truth, the hole I made on the male joint is totally by chance, you will notice that the drilled hole is not drilled in the middle and shaped the remaining part to swivel to Bee's hand

[​IMG]

As you will see in the image below, the swivel joint transforms naturally to the hand, of course you need to sand carefully it to transform to this mode. This will connect snugly on the female connector joint wrist.

[​IMG]

As reference between the blaster mode and the normal transformation mode, I made some comparison where the right wrist transformed to blaster mode as opposed to the left wrist which is transformed normally. Check out the difference in arm length.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the female connector, its was severely sanded to the level of the existing arm, be careful in sanding the connector as the male ball joint will be come off/loose when sanded too much above the hole or it will create a hole when sanded too much at the bottom of the connector.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the arm on the other hand, I removed Bee's existing stock wrist connector and sanded diagonally where the female joint will be glued. I glued the female connector on the black plastic half using a very strong super glue that bonds extremely fast, check out the images below for reference

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this reference was helpful to you regarding on how I did the wrist mods. :D 

12. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Excellent work and very creative!

13. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Lookin' good so far, heerosan. Great modding.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I like what you did to the chest. Can we get a tutorial? Or at least some detailed pics of the workings behind it?

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you give him some time, savio prime is making a tutorial with a new bb for everyone. Just need to give him some time :thumb .

16. heer0san

heer0san Active Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I forgot to mentioned what STIKFAS figure to buy I would suggest the basic ones on blister packs, mostly the Alpha male figures which has a lot of ball joints. :)  You may check out their products on the STIKFAS website, here's the link

http://www.stikfas.com/products.html

Thanks man, glad you liked I've done with the wrist mods.

Thank you 'pre. :) 

17. WeaponOfficer

WeaponOfficer Well-Known Member

The MOST great one for me. is the Chest Piece!!! AMAZING!! :)