Hey Mix...check out the chassis on that one...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Driftscreen, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

I know that we aren't getting a toy version of those Constructibots from Animated. But after re-watching some episodes mainly containing them, I am really sad about not getting a figure of them! Personally as a back east Boston guy now living on the west coast...I got a kick out of their cat calling, oil swiggin', loud obnoxious personalities. Personally I hated them at the beginning but after not a lot of thought I still dislike Sentinel Prime more.

That being said...Am I alone here? I know the toys would have probably been difficult to make show accurate but even still, is anyone else saddened by this? I'd love a Mixmaster and Scrapper. Just asking.

(Oh! Lets say they DID make the figures...how about a Yankees / Red Sox repaint haha??)

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mix and Scrap would have been a much better 2-pack than Jetfire and Jetstorm. That's weak they were never made.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I'd have bought them in a heartbeat. They should have done these guys before Hydro Bumblebee, Cyb. Rachet and Wing Prime.

4. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

i wish we did and if we never do i am pretty sure someone might/has customised them

5. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

It would be pretty sweet to get a couple of TF's with plumber cracks. I'd buy

6. Driftscreen

Cool. Glad to see some support for the Guys! and agreed...would have loved this two pack over the Jetfire one...

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed. Mixmaster and Scrapper deserve toys. If Wreck-Gar and Wasp-mode Wazzpinator get toys (especialy since "Beast" Waspinator only appeared once), then we SHOULD have gotten the two original Animated Constructicons.

However, for Jetfire and Jetstorm, they're basicaly the same mold retooled for the other twin, and that allows for more profit on Hasbro's part.

Another thing is that I'm still trying to figure out how Scraper's TFing scheme works, as I am baffled as to how the shovel bucket goes into his chest (or if the chest scoop is faked, where the real shovel actually goes).

But in a way to make at least one Animated Constructicon, I've got an idea for Animated Bonecrusher using the Marvel X-Overs Hul Bulldozer mold, complete with exposed buttcrack.

8. Driftscreen

I was thinking about maybe working on an animated mixmaster using my least favorite character Sentinel Prime's mold and adding on some stuff...take THAT Sentinel!

9. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    That could work...but i AGREE completely they deserved a toy, their alt modes are too cool.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    would have loved a set of them

11. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The facts presented in this thread depress me.

It truly is a shame we aren't getting the Constructicons, especially considering the amount of episodes they were involved in, and the fact that Hasbro totally could have given us repaint after unabashed repaint...and we'd probably eat them up!

12. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    It's sad that a lot of Animated characters will never get toys. I'm guessing one of the reasons for the delay and now no Constructicons is that they were adding more as the series went along. An Animated Devastator would have been cool. I could make a nice sized list of characters that should have gotten toys but with Mixmaster and Scrapper appearing so often they should have been made. At least we are getting some of the other characters this late after the series cancellation (assuming they aren't a pain in the ass to track down).

13. Driftscreen

Sorry to depress! But I am glad to see that there is support out there for the Constructicons! This is really inspiring me to do a Radicon of Mixmaster (Scrapper just seems a little hard right now unless anyones got any ideas...) Right now im thinking of something like Sentinal Prime with Blitzwings legs or something...Ideas are Welcome! But support at least for these characters is always good to!!!

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely hated the characters as protrayed on the show, but I still would have liked to see figures of them.

15. Driftscreen

Yea I hated them at first too. Then my dislike for Sentinel proved stronger then my mild distaste for the east coast Constructa-guidos

16. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

Actually, Mix and Scrap are some of my favorite characters. They need toys badly.

17. Driftscreen

Well im sold...i'm gunna do a custom of Mix. Any suggestions for molds or combos that would work? got a $ 30 gift card to toys r us so lemme know so i can get this goin...

18. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I would have loved them, but they deserved a Voyager class at least. If they had been 2 packed they would have been tiny.

Also, this may be me fooling myself, but I have not given up hope on seeing more TFA down the road. Im not talking huge amounts, but Ramjet, Autotrooper and easy repaints are too much for Hasbro to pass up.