Hey Louisville area TFW'ers...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by taterx, Feb 13, 2008.

1. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I'm about to hit the road again but I wanted to see how many of yall as we say are going to be at the con. I'm rolling hon solo probably all day Saturday only so I thought it would be cool to meet some of you from the board while at the show. That is after I'm done standing on line all day waiting to get my box set, attendee, and add ons.

So what do you think, we never did get the meet up thing going so maybe this could be the first. Well about time to take that 18 wheeler back down the road. Hope I don't need to head back to Murray, the roads were horrible last night! TX out.

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I will be there. The best place to meet will be at my parts party, most people end up there anyway.

3. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

Hey! First post and first Con!

I'll definitely be there! I'm in New Albany (and new to the area), so at the moment I'm just planning on driving back here each night. Hope this is as much of a blast as it looks!

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll be there as well. Look for the booth! You'll probably find me and at least a couple other locals (and maybe a Texan and a Cinci local) working it at any given time.

5. taterx

Dude I would totally pay for half the gas if you could do w/ a wingman. Some silly lady pulled out in front of me a trashed my beautiful caddy in October.

Since I drive a truck for a living and I'm currently living in the parents basement like the degenerate adult children type that I am , I've kept the money in the bank and get rides to and from the truck w/ pops.

My plan is to use the car all day Saturday and just go then because I don't want to leave the folks w/ out any wheels. However if your doing that also how about $25 or so per day for a ride? If that sounds feasible you can e-mail me at thetaterx@aol.com and I'll send you my cell number.

I just live off 8th street in Jeffersonville,IN about 8 Minuit's from the malls in Clarksville OR 10-12 Minuit's from New Albany(home of the bull dog). And if not that is cool I totally was good w/ just getting there Saturday for my toys and a few panels.

6. taterx

Hey sidecutter, I just ordered a stepper from you guys. Some how I managed to never pick one up till now. And man, at $26.60 w/ shipping! That's an awesome deal, thank you captured pray your on my favorites list now.

7. atomicthumbs

Sounds like it may be a plan! The only thing is that I REALLY want the Shattered Glass convention set. I ordered it this morning and I just checked back on the site and I'm about a few hours too late! Now I'm on a waiting list. I just need to wait to hear back from them before I have any set plans.

I'll keep in touch though. Does anyone in the area ever get together or anything?

8. taterx

No we don't get together yet but that's why I started the thread to begin with. As far as the set goes, the Iacon set is no longer available. That is the set for folks who just wanted to pay for the toys and have them mailed to their house. You plan on driving up to Cinci so you order the Primus package anyway so you will still get one, they are reserving the rest of the boxed sets for attendees that will pick them up in person so you should be fine.

Anyway you got my e-mail so if you want to make the trip together just let me know, that would be cool.

9. atomicthumbs

D'oh! Man, I'm negative! You would be right! I guess that they were talking about Iacon orders placed after the 14th. I thought they meant Primus as well! Wow, I feel a lot better! Thanks!

Anyway, yeah I'll get in touch when I have a better idea about what my plans are. BTW, I'm also ordering a Stepper from Captured Prey (plus a few others). They seem great! I'll for sure be raiding their table as well!

10. taterx

That's funny I get negative to every year when my card isn't charged for two or three weeks I freak out. I hate to further be negative in telling you that the dealer room while cool in so much as the sheer variety of toys to check out in one place is straight dodo as far as deals go. Last year I went to my first botcon and it was awesome but I definitely get better deals picking up pieces online or at the local comic shops that sell vintage G1.

11. megamus

News Credits:
    That's because you did not go to the parts party!! Great deals and a lot of fun.
    MegaMus

12. atomicthumbs

Parts party?

13. megamus

News Credits:
    Yep, we all get together at the convention and swap / trade/ give / sell parts and or bots. It's in my room and has become a big event. A lot of the board members find their way there. It's a great time. Last year one of the writers for the movie showed up and picked our brains for ideas on the new Star Trek movie. It was awesome. I've hosted the last four years and each year more people turn out. I've had as many as thirty people in my small room. It's a blast, it's the main reason I go to Botcon, seriously!!

14. atomicthumbs

Sounds like a blast! I'll be sure to check it out!

15. megamus

News Credits:
    There will be a billboard hosted by FP. I will post the location there.

16. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I'll be there so far as I know, unless the car craps out.

Sidecutter, We're still all gonna raid DeeJays house of all his gundams, right?

17. atomicthumbs

Just got my confirmation and my card has been charged.

..... yeah.

18. taterx

Congrats atomic...I was gone a solid week this trip out so imagine my surprise when I finally came home to see the updates for the botcon set. Man that Jazz is sweet! I'm hoping to see the add ons before I transform and roll out again Monday.

19. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Hey Taterx. I'll be joining Sidecutter to Botcon and working the booth during the convention. See ya there.

20. taterx

Razorblaze, I PM;d you back and just remembered that I first saw that banner
    on Sidecutter's sig. Anyway Saturday is already March 1st. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm getting hype for BC08!