Hey look, the morality cops are here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Jun 27, 2009.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I like now that ROTF is out, that everyone seems to be a member of the morality police and is so offended by the grave sins of this film. People are mad because they think it's inappropriate for little kids.

People, the movie is PG13. I barely remember much cursing at all, and what was there is PG13 material. The only sex I recall is between two awkward dogs for less than 2 seconds. Racism? Ok. brighlty colored robots from space are now racist stereotypes. Nice.

I guess no one will read this because they have to be up early for church to pray for their sins of hearing the B word in a PG13 film.

Sheesh. People.

2. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya aw the poor kids whos PARENTS took them to a movie rated PG13 BOOHOO

3. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Someone said this, but i'll say it again cause it's QFT.
    Nobody complains when Disney movies have the most racist stereotyped characters rolling around. And yes, what, Bitch and Asshole? That is permitted on regular TV now. SHUT UP LOSERS!

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    While I agree that some people need to get over some of these things, people like yourself need to get over those people as well.

Yes- the film is PG-13 for specific reasons. They should realize that when going in.

But on the flip side, maybe the film didn't need to be writen to where it would earn a PG-13 rating.

And I can respect that sentiment.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It should have instead tried to earn a PG-13 rating strictly for violence. That would much better suit the wholesome American values we want kids to see. Or at least it seems to be what people were expecting when they went in.

6. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Interesting point.

I can agree with that.

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I don't see why the vehicle needs to be a moral vehicle. This line of thinking annoys me (similar to now how all sports stars are considered 'role models').

Further to this, what did any of the aforementioned low brow scenes actually have to do with values?

:rolleyes: 

8. man-frog

man-frog Well-Known Member

Please pull the camaro over

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have ta pull rank on you guys, and the movie, and write a citation for low morals. I mean after all are not all alien warrior robots supposed to be like E.T. and less like... , well, alien warrior robots.

I don't get the whole racist thing either. My mom's white and she's got a gold tooth. My cousin is white and he talks just like the twins. My best friend is white and he has jug ears. I don't go around calling them racist. Well I do live in Alabamer.

9. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Holy crap! Did I just witness at least 10 minutes when someone didn't post on this section?!

10. man-frog

man-frog Well-Known Member

You must have missed the one earlier between 2:16 and 2:41.

Shame on you.

11. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I have sinned against the TFW2005 Board gods D:!

12. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

What do you expect from our glorious still Puritanical country?

Rational thought? That's why the Brits threw those loonies out!

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Damn you for being offended!!!

Seriously. How could you not realise a movie about toys would obviously include panty shots, gratuitous violence and a sadistic hero figure.

14. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

You know what...A film needs to be written to contain itself within its own continuity (um, ok maybe not rational...) not for whether it's going to be G or M or PG or whatever the Hell rating you want. If you're writing for a specific rating, not to be true to the material that you're writing for, then you're way the f**k out of line and need your brain checked.
    To thine own self be true, and Transformers 1 or RotF sure as hell is NOT.
    This is not just for RotF but for ANY film -case in point, the Batman films - yeah, ok Batman the Beginning beats Batman and Robin ad infinitum, but did you ever stop to think why?

15. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Just going out on a limb here, but...

Because it was well written, well directed and well acted (excluding Katie Holmes)?

16. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Exactly - My god! Someone who thinks as I do!

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I missed a memo somewhere so can someone catch me up on why everything now is one extreme or the other?

It's either every parent should be offended or how dare any parent be offended. What the heck happened to the freedom of choice in all of this? Seems like some parents might find some of the material in the film inappropriate for their kids while other parents will not have a problem with it. Doesn't make one set of parents right and one set of parents wrong it just means different parents have different views on what's right for their kids and what is not.

Either everyone must be offended by the racially questionable elements of the film or how dare anyone be offended. People are just so oddly hardheaded when it comes to somehow holding the moral high ground that they will either never admit how some people could be offended or how some people didn't see it crossing the line. Oh or my gosh of as long as it's not people then you could do anything like remake Birth of a Nation as long as you didn't use people in the parts.

Every topic lately is just as bad as the insane statements of everyone in the world loves the movie or everyone in the world hates the movie. Or even dumber statements like it's the best film every made or it's the worst film ever made. Honestly if this is the best movie you've ever seen or the worst film you've ever seen then you haven't watched nearly enough movies.

Seems like both sides have their morality police because both sides think they somehow have the moral high ground when neither side owns it. Some parents find it okay some parents don't just like some people find it a bit racist while others do not. But he middle ground seems to count for nothing around here these days.

18. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

The hatred for this movie will never stop!!!

You failed at your attempt.

19. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a mute point, but I can give 3 direct quotes where the word "sh*t" is used. I've seen the movie multiple times, but that stood out to me on the first run, I honestly didn't realize they could use it that many times in a PG-13 movie.