hey IDW! Want to make some money?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by 46+2, Apr 7, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Make some freakin lithos and posters! I just got " the art of IDW", awesome artwork. Man, I'm not really a fan of BW but they look awesome in there. It would be nice to hang some of that stuff on my walls.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Actually they are probably saving money but not making that stuff. Posters are a strange thing. When Dreamwave was doing posters and lithos, they initially sold well but really dropped off fast. It could have been over-production or just people not caring, or both. But a lot of shop here stopped carrying them unless it was special order.

Now it's pretty rare to see comic themed posters, especially from small companies. At conventions and shops, posters are always in the clearance spots and there are always a lot.

Marvel and DC can do it because they have the fanbase and monetary backing to lose a few bucks if they don't sell. However, then it depends on retailers raking a chance to buy them also.

Personally I'd rather IDW spend their resources on things like the upcoming Walt Simonson Thor book. That is an amazing idea and will net them a ton of word of mouth and hopefully translate into more volumes.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poster are pointless if your not getting into the walmarts and the spencers where kids can by your crap