Hey Hasbro, cover up dem bottoms!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *insert PSA background music*
    Hello there. Are you tired of incomplete vehicles? Tired of the same old look under each one? Tired of looking under your car just to see a big ol' robot head staring back at you? Here's an idea to resolve such an issue!

Okay, in all seriousness, I did have an idea for a solution, but it may vary with each figure, and be a real birch to place into the toy, but... A thin piece of plastic (with detailing, of course) that you attach to the underside of the vehicle. Covers up the body parts, and looks good on the vehicle. And maybe in robot mode it could be used as a display stand? Gotta do something with it!

Just a thought, but I think it's worth looking into. I wonder if Hasbro will accept such a suggestion? Or maybe this is something kitbashers and kitbash companies should try doing? (Which would definitely be more possible from than Hasbro. Contact somebody on this!)

Share your thoughts!

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Meh. Robot kibble on the UNDERSIDE of the vehicle (read: the side that is seen the least) does not bother me.

3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I doubt it. To be honest, hasbro probably only cares about selling toys to their main target group, kids. Kids are NOT gonna care what the toy really looks like, to that detail that you have pointed out.

Its just a toy and the only way something like that will ever come about is for you to make it yourself, or commission someone to do it.

I would prefer that toy manufacturers have toys with NO screw holes. thats just me though. and that would more than likely increase production costs as it would make production of said toy, to be more difficult.

4. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that's true. I just know it's a source of annoyance by some people. :p 

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Who cares if robot kibble is visible underneath? It's not visible to anyone if a TF is in car mode and standing on a surface..

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Even the alternators show some robot parts from the underside. It doesn't bother me. If i wanted a model, i'd buy one. But if it bothers you maybe you could customize some peices and maybe start selling them. just an idea. Maybe a niche for ya!

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Not to mention it'd make it tons harder for us custom painters/kitbashers to pry the pry the things apart.

I think the only time I have an issue with robot kibble on the bottom of a figure is in a jet mode. Cars I can totally understand, and there are good examples of decent cover up on a few jets, but some of the jet characters once in a while sport way too much underhang. Otherwise, I think the extra paneling under cars would become a pain when engineering a transformation. Not that it can't be done, but to do it with most every design, each one being different might take some work. It might even make the overall figure suffer in one case or another.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, all my TFs are displayed in bot-mode anyway. Besides, the less partsforming, the better.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I personaly don't care about the car bottoms being exposed. A few alts tried to fix that, like the Alt. Tracks mold integrating the middle back of the botom as the main chest part. But I display 99% of all my bots in bot mode, and who looks at the bottom all the time, anyways?

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    like others have said, it might appeal to some, but unless your toys are caught in a
    blazing-upsidedown-super-wind-gravity-thing then you're really not going to notice.

That said, you might display all your TFs in car mode, upside down - and I respect that. Differences make us human. :D 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, undersides aren't something the average person is going to see, so why bother wasting money and comprimising the design just to cover up something hardly anyone's going to see anway?

I read the thread title and thought it was about Hasbro making little underpants for robots. :( 

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, I thought it was about Cyclonus not having a butt.