Hey Guys. You think this is a good deal?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mewtwo, May 26, 2012.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I know a lot here are completionest and want all your figures to be complete. But I don't mind some of these being incomplete. So just take it for one big lot and let me know what you think. I know people will say tracking down accessories is going to cost. But just take this as what it is as if I wasn't going to go looking for any parts. (I might of course but I mean just take it as if I was just getting it for what it was and wasn't going to add to the cost)

Do you think this is a good deal for $100 (Not counting shipping)

1) Optimus Prime (Missing robot fist, roller, an all other accessories. Good for truck mode though)

2) Ultra Magnus (Missing Robot Fist and Giant Robot Fist and all guns. No Giant Robot head) Can't make large robot. Good for truck mode though.)

3) Perceptor (no accessories, no nothing)

4) Thrust $2 (broken)

5) 6 Constructicons. (Missing some accessories include a giant arm (Big robot can't have an arm) but mostly ok. No individual guns)

6) Topspin
    7) Twintwist

8) Starscream (Pretty good complete wise. Only missing landing gear and guns/missile launchers.I have a landing gear somewhere)

9) Insecticon (Bombshell) 9) (No accessories)

10) Red Firebird car (Gobot)
    11) Yellow Beetle (Gobot)
    12) Futuristic Black and Silver car (Gobot)
    13) Some kind of tank (Gobot)
    14) Cycle (Blue white and Red) Gobot
    15) White Bike (Gobot)
    16) Teal and Gray robot (???)
    17) Red Robot with white markings (???)

So yeah. What do you think guys?

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I would not buy it because there are so many that are not complete due to that I cannot say if it's a good purchase.
    If they are all G1 and not re-issues then it looks like it should be worth it. If they are re-issues then I would say no

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that's a shitty deal, but that's because I can't imagine being happy without at least most of the accessories.

FYI, some of those last ones sound like Gobots.

4. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    For a bunch of broken and incomplete stuff? Save your money.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I might be wrong, but I think all of that stuff is probably worth half the asking price, if not less. There's a lot of stuff missing. And I don't see the point to just owning the Ultra Magnus cab since it's missing its trailer...at least that's how I read it.

6. Mewtwo

All G1. Most are mint. By mint I mean no broken parts. Prime and Magnus have no broken bumpers/stacks etc. Paint is great etc.

But you just seemed to ignore my "not considering if they don't have accesories" point I made.

They are Gobots. Which is why they say Gobots. If you mean the last two then no... I don't think so. They look like some cheap robots.

One is broken. One. Everything else looks mint or near mint.

Magnus has the trailer.

Really? Man you guys are harsh. I see incomplete Primes going for $50 on ebay. I see G1 Originals going for $80 complete or more. Hell I just saw a Original OP with no accessories go for I think $60. Are you guys even factoring in these things or just what deals you can get here? How is $10 for a G1 original prime with trailer and mint condition but missing the accessories. How can you say $10 isn't a great deal for a 25 year old toy?

I really don't understand some of your mentalities. I guess you are just newer fans maybe? Or don't care about G1? I dunno. Seems I always get people saying "If it isn't complete it's not worth $5..." I just can't believe some people's views on this. Even if NOT complete. Just having a nice body of the TF that is mint should be worth something...

7. Mewtwo

Ugh... I need some older G1 fans in here... People who know that a 20 year old toy in mint condition is still worth something even if it doesn't have "accessories". I mean it's not like it's missing a wheel or an arm.. or has bad paint... oi...

8. Satomiblood

To be fair, your post read like someone else was offering you that lot...not the other way around. You might want to rephrase the first post a bit so people don't misunderstand you.

9. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

Not a good deal. None of those toys are even rare. Just buy them complete separately.

10. Mewtwo

Some is offering me that lot. I priced them out individually and it came to like about $100. So I'm offering to buy it for that price. So yes your original thought is correct.

Dude.. if I get a complete Prime it's going to cost me what? $60 right? A Complete Magnus? $60 Right?

A complete set of constructicons??? How much would that go for? $100?? for the set? That would already be $220...

How the hell does that even compare? I can get all these figures for $100.

I really am not understanding when people are telling me to go get them all complete individually. I don't want to spend $500. I want to have a nice bunch of TF's for a cheaper price then paying Complete prices...

Oi... :banghead: 

11. Satomiblood

Then just buy the lot. You asked if we thought it was a good deal and we chimed in. It already looks like you made up your mind.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  12. Mewtwo

I probably will. I am just really surprised by the mentality here. It really seems like people think an original G1 is worth practically nothing if it isn't complete. When did Everyone become completionest or people with OCD issues in having to have everything included? What about the old days when people bought things at Garage sales? Or scored a decent TF for $10 that normally goes for $50? Even if incomplete? I don't know... are these the same types of people that keep everything sealed and don't open it or refuse to buy an awesome figure because it's missing a sword?

13. Satomiblood

It's not that they're worth nothing. You have to understand that the G1 accessories make the G1 toy in a lot of cases, which is why collectors have to make the difficult decision of either buying mint/100% or acquiring it all piecemeal (which can be comparably more expensive). The accessories enhance the value. $100 just seems like a lot for so many missing parts.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  14. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Without the accessories, Prime and Magnus are little more than toy trucks and Perceptor is left as a strange block or a robot. I get what you're saying about deals, but what I think it boils down to for most of us is that we'd rather spend the $100 and have one or two complete G1 figures than a heap of incomplete ones.

15. Mewtwo

I know a lot of the accsories make them complete and specially the robot modes are affected. However for like Prime for example I can just use my NY edition Fist. Boom Complete (Robot) mode Optimus Prime.

Magnus I agree is going to take a lot more work. But a Mint G1 with nice chrome no broken piece... rubber tires... not looking like it just came out of a battle.. where can I get that for $10? If you can show me a complete one for $20 that isn't damaged then maybe I'll take it. I just figured $10 for a Prime and $10 for a Magnus in great shape minus the parts is still something. Specially when if I care to track down the parts I probably could.

G1 Prime is still G1 Prime. It's not a reissue. It's not broken. Of course I could get a reissue. But getting a complete G1 is a bit more expensive then $10 or even $20.

And I get what you are saying about getting 2 complete figures rather then a bunch of incomplete ones. But it's so much... If I was actually looking to get a complete mint prime I'd go get a complete one. But I'm not. But as a group this seems like an ok deal. If I ever want to track down parts later I could. I'm just not actually looking to get some complete mint in box Prime. Not at the moment. I'm just looking to get a good deal on some nice condition tf's. Like as in if thier bodies are in good condition.

I thought the constructicons alone would be worth $5 a piece at least. Seeing how complete ones go for $20 or more.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Honestly some of the missing accesorys aren't really worth the high price,

However if you're up to get this anyway and willing to find the missing pieces then go ahead.

It's up to you about how you spend your money.

17. Mewtwo

$100 is a high price?

18. Mewtwo

Can someone post a listing where they can get all 6 constructicons in great shape with just the small guns and the shield and one arm/launcher missing for $25 or less?

Can someone post where they can get a G1 Starscream complete and mint except the missile launchers for less then $10?

Cause if you guys can show me that then I'll concede. I really don't think you guys are factoring all this in when deciding. I think you are seeing $100 for incomplete TF's and automatically thinking it's too high.

But I am curious. I want to see if anyone can show me the complete set of constructicons minus a few weapons for less then $25.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    OK, I have been collecting G1 recently. I can tell you while that feels like a good deal it is not. If you ever want to complete those figures you will be banging your head against walls.

Let me just share some prices:
    - UM Launchers and Missles: $20
    - UM Fists: $10 a piece, not a pair
    - Thrust missle: $10 a piece, not a pair.

You get the idea yet? If you have conventions near you, then go for it, but if you don't, good luck trying to complete your figures on EBay.

One thing I learned about G1. If you can accept the figure as is, without accessories, then get it. If you want the accessories, ALWAYS buy complete. I can not stress that enough.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I've found that the problem with G1 figures is that a lot of times you pay more for the accessories than you do the actual figures.There were so many small parts that got lost.

If you feel comfortable with the deal then go for it.I don't think it sounds like that bad of a deal.Too bad they aren't all Transformers instead of half of them being Go-Bots.