hey guys, remember that "fake" test footage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Can you trust Murphy? Probably not. Not after some of the crap I've seen him spew on his message board. He's a self centered ass, but one whom seems to really have a general affection for how this movie turns out... even if it is more because of the potential cash flow than because he gives a damn about the source material. :horse: 

Is that test footage real? Who knows. Sure Murphy could lie about it and if it were real... he probably would. But I don't think that that test footage is real. :redface2: 

As for Michael Bay leaving the project... yeah... only because he's getting super sick of all of our fanboy drivil. I'd leave too if people didn't shut up and let me do what I was getting paid to do... :rolleyes: 

In the end it boils down to this. If someone tells you something, especially some ass hat that works in Hollywood, you should probably just take it all with a grain of salt and not bother to post it here. Most people here are sick of the whole "I've got this source that I can't reveal" BS that half the fandom is trying to pull nowadays. I for one know I am. There are people whom have been fans for a long time and have legitimate contacts with Hasbro personel and the ilk, but too many people anymore just come on in without a shred of proof to back up a claim and post some nonsense about whatever they feel like.

It reminds me of the jerk last year that started the whole Welker shinanigans. Remember guys, he came on here and posted that he had overheard "Frank Welker" talking on his cellphone to "Don Murphy". Or some BS like that... and a week later Murphy was telling everyone that it wasn't even possible because they hadn't even started looking for VA's yet, because the project wasn't even legitimently off the ground! :banghead: 

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

All good points, but where the hell is my happy birthday thread you bastard?!?!

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ...it's your B-day... Umm... give me a moment... :bday 

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Real or not I love that clip. Besides I can't believe in that Murphy guy since I have no idea who's he. :D 

5. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

Maybe he was lying. ;) 

And I think I know who this source is. Assuming it's the same guy I met down the pub earlier.

6. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, you ever have that feeling where you don't know whom to trust? Evil corporate bistatches...

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    A good source of mine told me the old transforming Beetle we saw a long time ago was actually made for the movie. That Michael Smith guy is just some some poseur who slapped his watermark onto it.

8. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I believe him.

9. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

I can see how people could've been easily drawn in to that one with it being a first of a kind, especially if it was pimped as test footage rather than fanart.

I wasn't around at the time though, being a fairweather fan n' all.

Although your source must've felt like a tit anway. :wink: 

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Uhm, dude... contrary to popular misbelief, sarcasm is not an unfamiliar concept to us Germans.

So please read my post again. ;) 

11. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

Sorry man, that came out of left field. :wink: 

*has a lie down*

12. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

you guys want more info on my source? I still can't give out names but i can put it in focus for some.
    calling all trekkies, calling all trekkies... who recut Star Trek the Motion picture for a dvd about 5 years ago?

13. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

been a while since Ive posted, just been lurking and have watched the hype of this "leaked" footage.

The reality is, Mike Smith and a very very good friend of mine I used to work with made the beetle animation long ago. My friend is a fellow 3d modeler and works in the game industry, we worked together. The "leaked" footage is mike s. and my friend going at it again. They were both a little pissed because they were offered jobs on the TF movie team but then never got the follow up interviews. This "leaked" footage was there "see you shoulda hired us" throw back. On the flip side, they have a few more of these shorts coming.

There you have it folks, I couldnt take being silent about it anymore.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It looked awesome, but if it was aimed AT the movie people (especially with the ILM stuff on it too) it's extremely poor form to do something like that.

15. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i just love controversy, anything to keep us fanboys busy inbetween the toys and shows. give me that club, i want a few whacks at the horse.

Big_Truk_Convoy, surely you can have your friends post some WIP shots of the video. it seems the fandom has no more faith in sources anymore.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah but...how do we know YOU'RE telling the truth Big_truk???

:p 

nothin against you but seriously, IMO, i think allthe threads with the supposed "in51D3r 50uRC3!!11111" stuff should just be locked and thrown away. Half the time people post just get attention or to get a rouse out of the board

personally i dont believe its real test footage. the design is just way too cartoony & simple for whats being done/said on the movie project

17. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I never disbelieved that it was actual test footage. I mean..look at all the specs on the screen. The final product me be waat different, but I think the footage is more like a sketch. Maybe it will end up being bonus material on the dvd!

18. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Ditto!

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I won't believe anything until I'm firmly in my theater seat after getting fleeced for a $10 popcorn and a $5 soda.

20. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

in the year 2007, movie popcorn will cost $53.25

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.