Hey guys, I might get a 360 tomorrow, I have a question.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a way to tell which ones have the new "Ring of Death" proof processors?

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Buy an Elite. ;) 

I don't think there is a way to tell, but I would imagine that the Elite's would be manufactured better. (One would hope)

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

If your talking about the falcon chips (the smaller less heat conduction chips) then no. As far as I know those haven't went into production but have been said to be on shelves by the end of the year.

The newest Pro systems will be marked HDMI on the side of the box alongside the features/contents and should include the extra heat sink as well as the HDMI port sans cable though.

4. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Pretty much finding an Xbox 360 without the Red Ring of Death problem is like finding one of the five Wonka Golden Tickets.

Someone said that before in another thread, but I figured it's the best way to sum it up. But hopefully we'll find more 360s with the Falcon chip.

5. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

sure fire way is to buy either an elite or the halo 3 edition (which should be available tomorrow, I think)

other than that you can just cross your fingers and buy from a place where you can get an extended warranty.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Yay, I win the prize.

7. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    seven is right, buy one of the new Pro systems that comes with HDMI. It comes with the Zephyr mobo and new heat sinks. Should help out 'til the Falcon chips come out.

8. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    So it sounds like the answer is wait, because the crap ones are still out there....even in the elite? Or did I miss something?

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that's the one I'm getting (The Halo Edition), a friend of mine will be holding one for me. So hopefully this is a good sign.

10. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    The elite editions do the red ring of death as well, some straight out of the box! there is no escape :p 

thank god microsoft set up that awesome (send it in and we'll fix it for free) deal

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome yes, from a responsibility point of view, but I'd hate to buy it today and find out that I won't be playing it for another 4 weeks. Though honestly I will be getting an extended warranty with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  12. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I have thought about getting a 360 in the past but there is no way I would until this RRoD defect gets corrected for sure. I don't handle returns very well. Plus there's enough currently coming out on the PS3 to keep me interested.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the guy who's holding my 360 if a friend of mine, and if I get the warranty and want to exhange it for the new models, he'll do it. The only thing that worries me, and this is something that Sony has MS beaten in spades, is that when you download a game from PSN, not only does it remember what you bought (so if your PS3 explodes, you can reclaim your bought items), but you can install it on 5 other PS3s, or PSPs in the case of PS1 games. Obviously Warhawk is exempt from this.

So if I were to return my 360, if I bought all these games on Live, I would have to rebuy them. That's why people were having problem trading in their regular Xboxes for Elites, because MS sent youa cable to transfer all your games, but it was a one-time deal. I've moved Castlevania onto 3 PSPs already. I know it's a precaution on the case of MS, but come on, at least remember who's bought what, for a restore if your faulty system breaks.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the 360 Halo Edition

Woot!

Gamer Tag - sindred, assuming I can retrieve it from years ago

15. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

cool that you like the colors...i think from any console/handheld color made, it's the worse.

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:lol  "Hay guys convince me on the 360"

"HAY GUYS I GOT TEH HALOZ ONE :D  "

You just bought in to the Xbox hook line and sinker. Add me to your friends list, let's play some fucking Halo 2.

Twin Twi5t.

17. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

A Gamertag cant be revived after 3 Months of non payment. Even if you give info of your old account, its gone, unless that changed recently which i doubt.

18. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Argh, time to go troll the rich yuppy mall for rich old broads who want a fat gigolo. I figure if fat hookers can make cash, fat gigolos can as well. I figure I can get $500 in a couple tricks. Wish me luck!

Best 4,500th post evar!

19. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Actually Windcharger, they do. Whatever you buy is linked to your gamertag. So if you get a new 360 or something you are not SOL.

:edit I wasn't quite awake yet. You can always keep your HD if you swap your console out as well.

20. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    What if you just keep that hdd? Unless you're doing a complete system swap I 'spose.