hey everyone i'm new here.... i have a q??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jb4204562, Dec 14, 2009.

1. jb4204562

jb4204562 Member

I stumbled across this in my misadventures of finding my old transformers and have recently started buying/selling my transformers to get what I want and get rid of what I don't... my question to all of you is how much would this be worth...

It's a 1984 G1 Transformers Optimus Prime Pepsi Edition action figure. It is complete with all original box, unused Pepsi Decals, poly package foam, untransformed Optimus Prime with unopened trailer, unopened factory sealed instruction package, two factory sealed unopened plastic parts bags with all parts still on factory trees, and roller scout car. This Transformer has never been played with and is in great shape for its age. The only wear is on the box (see pictures) it is complete with no missing sides. Optimus has never been transformed and is in perfect shape as is the trailer. I saw some on ebay sell for over a grand... so i figured i would give it a shot... but it hasn't sold and i'm wondering if there is something wrong with it that i dont know about aside from the box being beaten up a bit...

here are some pics... and the listing,,, this is NOT to sell this to anyone here... it's to get advice from you guys on what i'm missing or maybe the best way to go about getting it sold on ebay...

[​IMG]

2. jb4204562

jb4204562 Member

should this q? be in the for sale forum or something... I dont wanna get flamed on my first post... I just figured it was a general question about the bot...

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

No pics or link

Chances are you won't get that much.

Welcome to the boards.

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

where's the pics? if its just asking for advice as to price, i would think its ok to post here.

but as far as posting a link to your ebay auction, better off posting it in the ebay thread.

5. jb4204562

jb4204562 Member

6. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

The link is asking for a log-in.

The ones you saw for over a G-note were probably factory sealed.

Going by your description.....G1 Pepsi Prime, all contents unused, minty toy, shit box......$250.00 on your best day.

Just my opinion.

What most people fail to realize is that Prime may be the most popular character, that also makes him very, very common.

Good Luck, and keep up the G1 collection!!!!

7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I see no pics either, just a log in. Is an American Pepsi Prime or Canadian? That could make a bit of difference, as far as I know the Canadian is a bit more rare.

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

BTW since you are new here, I would like to offer some advice. Please put your actual question (such as "Value of original Pepsi Prime?") in the subject line instead of "I have a question?"

9. jb4204562

jb4204562 Member

My apologies I am not that knowledgeable with these things. I thought I saw on transformerland that this was made in 1984 but someone on another board said that it was 85 that they had the pepsi edition. And it is the US version. Pepsi Stickers are not applied and are attached to the box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]