Hey buddy, can you spare a buck?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Is the thread topic what were all going to be saying after all the G1 awesomeness coming our way from 3rd party companies. It's insane.

So were seeing:
    - Insecticons
    - Powerglide
    - 2 seasprays (iGear vs. Fansproject: GAME ON)
    - Huffer
    - Ironhide
    - Ratchette
    - Coneheads
    - Devastator (maybe in the next 3 years) :rolleyes: 

I meant that is like a mortgage payment right there.

By the way, to throw gas on the fire, who are you more impressed by in 2011, iGear or Fansproject?

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Overall FP, but Igear is stepping up their game.

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I have to see the paint jobs and final products, but iGear is beating FP on Seaspray for me. Don't like how you can see the ball joints on seaspray in alt mode.

Also don't know yet, but the head on Powerglide looks a bit large. I will buy him anyway though.

4. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    iGear. I'm impressed by the sheer amount of content they brought to play, and with the Wrecker upgrade kits/new molds still to be fully revealed, I'd say the ball is firmly in Fansproject's court.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I have to see the price point, but I think iGear may win there. I mean MP figures for less then Takara prices. Granted they are copied, but tell me about copies with a $150 2010 unicron. So I don't wanna hear it!

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    You forgot FP's Laser Prime trailer.

In all honesty, it's really fucking pathetic when the best news from Botcon isn't from Hasbro. I'm not buying a damn thing that Hasbro showed, but I'm definitely getting the FP not-Insecticons and the Laser Prime trailer... And I may talk myself into more. Hasbro really needs to step up their game to be more than exxxclusive repaints of shit molds. Kids don't want them, they don't sell, and fans have no choice but to resort to companies like FP and iGear if only because they make new shit that we can actually buy.

7. TheRhymenoceros

TheRhymenoceros Derp.

Damn close between the two, some of these will be my first 3rd party purchases (possibly the Insecticons and Ironhide) but I'll definitely be getting that FP G2 prime trailer.

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I actually have no interest in the laser prime trailer, but I see a lot of others do.

As for Hasbro, I am getting the MP Roddy. $60 is a good price. Might get the Unicron, I am still debating as I already have a custom painted one.

But I think it is clear the future of collecting is third party. Hasbro is not interested in giving the fans what they want any longer. Hasbro, prove me wrong and give us freaking classics combiners!

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I like these insecticons, but pseudoShrapnel doesn't look very shrapnelly to me. Kickback does justice to his name and kicks some ass.

That powerglide though... he has a hilariously big head. I remember someone complaining a while back that universe Powerglide had an oversized head, I guess he'd explode if he saw this one.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    That was me. Lol. That head is big, but the figure somehow works in a G1 way.

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love that fans demand Hasbro make things especially for them. I guess these fans fail to remember how small of a percentage their sales are to Hasbro.

Combiners are expensive for Hasbro to produce, so without sufficient media to back them up, they're too expensive to produce.

12. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of the Prime stuff from Hasbro's panel sounded really cool.

And that Unicron.

AND THAT UNICRON.

I don't think Hasbro "Lost" Botcon, I don't really think they needed to show much at all. With ROTF we really weren't sure what we were getting after that line petered out. We've known for months that the Prime line would proceed in someway from DOTM, and that's more or less what will end up happening. They've said that they plan on revealing more DOTM figures upon the movie's release, understandably due to potential character reveals that will be more impactful in the theatres.

I think Hasbro's doing a pretty good job trying to keep the collectors satisfied in a movie focused year with Masterpiece Unicron and Rodimus supposedly both rocking a sterling silver sixty dollar pricepoint. They may not be as abundant as the plethora of gorgeous and expensive 3rd party offerings, but a bone's a bone and I'm glad they're throwing us something.

By the way, did anyone else preorder the Perfect Effect Reflector Botcon deco?

13. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Thank heaven for 3rd parties right now. I love those guys. FP wins over igear but kudos to igear for coming out with some good stuff.

14. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Fansproject ftw! I plan on getting all of there stuff this year.

15. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I've been way more impressed by iGear lately

16. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

I think Fansproject wins in everyway poss, except for Seaspray, I like The IGaer version better, and even though he looks awesome, Powerglides head looks monstrous

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    fansproject all the way. Though Sonicron is looking much better than I expected now that its painted up.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm mostly impressed with Fans-Project... with their not-Insecticons and the trailer/armor they're making for RTS G2 Optimus Prime. I so want them both!

And that Sonicron looks awesome. I so want to pick him up.