Hesitation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by power3921, Apr 24, 2011.

1. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I have an annoying little problem. After the reveal of the Black Shadow head for Thunderwing, Ive held off on buying the figure beacuse I prefer to only have 1 figure from a mold; I dont even buy remolds/redeccos often. However, with the decline and near death of Generations, im not to hopefull about B.S. comming out. Considering I do want the mold, should I just get Thunderwing with all the clearence everywhere instead of waiting on a fading hope?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    get him, he's good, i want the black shadow remold too, just not sure when it's coming

one figure per mold/remold? isn't a shinki a remold? :D  j/k i could do that with animated to an extent (only repaints i got were seekers, shockwave to have longarm and shockwave, soundwave for ratbat, and cybertron ironhide, k more than i thought) but not with classics, wouldn't get a nice selection of characters that way

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He'll still come out, it will probly just be in a later wave of the movie line, or whatever comes after (though, we've all head that Gen will carry through with the movie line).

Case in point: I'm stoked for the terradive repaint, and aparently there's a 'con in one of the prequel comics that looks like him in new colors, so its just a matter of time, really.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you could only have one of Black Shadow and Thunderwing, why would you get Black Shadow? Not to be mean, just curious.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get Thunderwing. A 3rd party company is bound to make some stormbringer armor for him.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I don't think the actual Generations have gone on clearance at too many places, just the RTS part of the line (I could be wrong, since the Target closest to me hasn't clearanced anything yet), and Freddies did clearance them. So I would wait for Botcon since it is only about 6 weeks away for something more official about Generations if you really don't want two of the same mold. You should still be able to find a Thunderwing after that weekend somewhere for a reasonable price if we are all saddened by the end of Generations.

I like the little stubby bastard, but for me, with the Classics, I gotta get em all.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    We should keep saying this so it gets seen and it does get made.

Thunderwing is awesome. You should get it. Especially if you can get it on clearance.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for Black Shadow because, TBH, thunderwing is just eh. Go big or go home.

Also, what's this about Generations dying? Since when?

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah I passed on Thunderwing mostly due to size. Dude deserves to be more impressive than that.

10. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

This is one big reason i got thunderwing. Still have my fingers crossed...

11. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the big reason why I bought two Thunderwings. I've got all my fingers crossed that it happens.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Since you can get it on clearance, and since you cared enough to make a thread about it... then I'd say go for it.

Then once you buy the toy, see if you can hold off opening it for more than 5 minutes. If you can, then you can always sleep on it & take him back the next day if you actually regret your purchase at that point. Even if that's not an option, you can always see if he'll grow on you, and if not, then you can always trade him for something else in the Junkion area of whatever it's called. To be honest, there's a LOT more toys I regret not buying than ones I do regret buying, and that's not just because I don't regret any of them either.

... in other words, peer pressure, peer pressure, peer pressure!

13. 420bot

420bot ******

Almost all the TF toys that I had regret buying I ended up selling, so I say buy 'em before he's gone you can always sell him later.

14. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because instructions show a Remold or repaint wont mean it coming soon or in that line. We'll probably get him some time in the future. Maybe in a year or so.