Herolds of Unicron design idea.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Mar 23, 2017.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You know how Cybertron Megatron/Galvatron and Prime Megatron in Predacons rising were designed with molding that was very reminiscent of Unicron. I was thinking it'd be awesome to see a new Transformers series where all the Decepticons are Herolds of Unicron and designed to actually look like Unicron himself.

Everyone that's ever been associated with Unicron in the past would be reimagined so they look like a blend of both designs. As in whatever design they had when they were associated with him originally but some parts would be redone to homage Unicron. For example Cyclonus' usual rabbit ears would be replaced with Unicron's horns.

I'm not talking about just slapping Unicron horns on everyone of course, just where it makes sense to have them. When they would have horns anyway then yeah make them look like Unicron's. Could also put the shoulder armor design on anyone with decently squared off shoulders. I could also imagine Tarantulus' spider legs being molded to resemble the ring around Unicron that hangs off his back.

Unicron's always had some rather unique molding and with his ability to upgrade other Transformers it kinda makes sense that their armor would resemble his rather than looking like any other Transformer. I mean that works when the character is a spy like Armada Sideways where he doesn't want anyone to know he's a herold but when it's not a secret why not give everyone his armor?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    I like the idea.

It could also be an homage to the "Acolytes of Unicron" from the Marvel comics. Which were essentially brainwashed followers that attempt to assassinate important followers of Primus.

[​IMG]

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't know much about the comic. Who are the Acolytes of Unicron?

4. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    If I'm recalling right, essentially brainwashed cultists who worship Unicron and wear helmet / masks in his image. Some weak minded Cybertronians had specific mental commands programmed into their minds. Like a sleeper agent.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Making all the Decepticons Unicron's demon army is a neat concept, but it sounds too easy to my mind. You might as well have the Autobots created by Primus and designed to look like him too. And thus we have angels vs demons.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yeah but who are they? Like names of the characters not just a description of the group.

Isn't that pretty much what the original thirteen are anyway? Except instead of looking like him they all carry his name.

Also I don't really see them as Gods, just giant over glorified Transformers. So technically it's not an easy concept because the hard part is doing it without people making religious comparisons like you just did.

7. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the Acolyte's that appeared were just generics. Nameless.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    That's kind of the point, they weren't any named characters, they were a cult who wore masks and did Unicrons bidding.

And no. I think it's a terrible idea, the Decepticon/Autobot division is a morale one, not one of separate species by birth; otherwise you're turning the conflict into a war of the species. Since we're discussing it anyway, what would be the point? It's part of the reason I loathe Unicron now, is that most of the time he's just jammed into a story in a feeble attempt by poor writers to do something with the concept again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well that sounds boring. What good is a bunch of mindless generics?

I kinda pictured them like G1 Galvatron where they still retain aspects of their original personality but Unicron controlls them threw other means. Maybe some are willing servants or don't have the willpower that Megatron does to resist him. Like I think the Insecticons were completely rewritten with new personalities but Megatron is still active inside of Galvatron fighting to stay in controll.

Could also put a new twist on the whole Megatron/Galvatron thing. Have some scenes that take place in his mind showing their struggle.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You know, reading the comics for yourself could be a big help.

They were trying to kill those who were going to awaken Primus as Unicron was closing on Cybertron, but instead they were largely destroyed by a very irked Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1