Heroic's Age of Extinction rewrite idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Jul 7, 2014.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Paramount should fire Kruger and hire heroic instead

2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Guys, I'm very flattered by the praise. I do have my own trilogy I want to pitch, but can I get genuine feedback for this?

As for Optimus leaving, there's a plan for that. I always have a plan.

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    I assume he was killed and melted down but the Garbage Truck was deemed a good alternate mode.

4. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Wrapping up this beast

Optimus and Cyclonus are running from the crew of Lockdown's ship. Optimus grabs a shield while running, which merges with his arm and converts it into a cannon. Shooting at their pursuers, he managed to take down the majority of them. Cyclonus pulls him into a new room, which has four MASSIVE Cybertronians in cells. Optimus somehow has the cells open with his mere presence, and the second largest of the prisoners speaks to him.

"This is a Prime? I, Grimlock do not think much of him."

He swings his mace at Optimus, who parries with his left arm. The remaining Dinobots watch, and Strafe engages in a conversation with Cyclonus...

Jolt is flying the Battle Cry when they reach Lockdown's ship. He tells the humans to take over, and Drift joins them in piloting it. The collective group of Cybertronians gets in a dropship and fly to board Lockdown's vessel before it reaches FTL-drive.

Back with Optimus, he manages to knock Grimlock onto his back when the shield pulses, causing Optimus' body to change and an axe to appear in his right arm. Grimlock concedes; only a prime could manifest an upgrade using the ship. Optimus winds up with a jetpack, which is black and feels familiar...

Jolt rams the dropship into the engines of the Knights Terminus, causing it to slowly begin to fall to Earth. As the Cybertronians disembark, Junkheap transforms and roars off to rescue several slaves who are working on the engines. Notable among them are a feminine looking one, an Overload-type Construction, and two Autobots. The rest begin to fight their way to the bridge, with Hound leading the charge by clearing a path with his minigun.

Optimus and the Dinobots are also en route to the bridge, when two Constructicons block them. Strafe and Scorn manage to kill them within seconds and the Dinobots stick to their dinosaur forms for the long haul ahead.

In the Bridge, Lockdown is furious that his ship is now ruined. Sending out a distress beacon to the creators, he strides to deal with the Autobots with Smolder. Before they can leave the bridge, Sludge smashes through, with at least seven of Lockdown's henchmen impaled on his and Snarl's bodies. The Autobots take on the bridge crew, while Jolt begins to overload the cells, frying many of the inhabitants while also destroying the security systems. The use of his electricity manipulation skills overloads him, and he falls, dead, as we see Lockdown's collection burn.

Sideswipe and Crosshairs are facing Lockdown and Smolder. Crosshairs manages to lure Smolder away while Sideswipe prepares his trump card. Lockdown tries to use his torso/face cannon, only for Sideswipe to cut it in half, destroying it and leaving the armor around Lockdown's chest significantly weaker. Before he can deal the finishing blow, he's blinded by an orange glow.

The ship is now burning up in atmosphere.

Crosshairs runs into Optimus' team as Smolder charges around the corner. The Dinobots charge past him, breaking down the walls as they search for the two of their team who managed to evade Lockdown. Optimus readies himself to fight Smolder, only for Cyclonus to have already engaged him. The aged warrior manages to inflict severe damage on Smolder, including lopping off one arm from the elbow down, but Smolder is seemingly unable to die, even after being impaled through the spark. He just walks through the blade and hilt, leaving Cyclonus' sword embedded in the wall. Before he can behead Cyclonus, Optimus shoves his shield/cannon arm through Smolder's back and blows his head apart. The dead grudgemaster falls apart upon hitting the floor. They too, are blinded by the orange glow, but see the Battle Cry keeping pace with them. They also see six shapes jump to it.

With Sideswipe and Lockdown, we find that Sideswipe's trump card is a pair of explosives in each sword. Using his more injured arm, he impales Lockdown's spark, and detonates the bomb with these words:

"Take it you traitor to our race. Take it you sickening, malformed, outmoded piece of scrap, TAKE IT THROUGH YOU SPARK!"

And detonates the other, destroying them both.

All the Autobots are evacuating, but the dropship is gone; Junkheap loaded it and left. With no escape available, Optimus, Cyclonus, Crosshairs, Bumblebee, and Hound all brace for the crash landing.

Somewhere in the Dakota Badlands, the Knights Terminus crashes, and we see the survivors of the raid buried in the wreckage.

A scene or two of the President (Some woman, who does not look young) saying that Cemetery Wind has been forcibly disbanded, and KSI is under intense scrutiny. The other is the KSI factory, where Galvatron suddently activates with the line:
    "It is me, and will always be me..."

In the wreckage of Lockdown's ship, Hound and Cyclonus are clearing debris. They can't see much, but manage to pull Crosshairs and Bumblebee out. Hound grabs Optimus' arm, and with effort, pulls his leader up. They try to find where they are in the ship and how to get out, when they hear clanging. Light is revealed, and it's the Overload Junkheap rescued, alongside Joshua and the other humans!

When Junkheap took the prisoners to the Battle Cry, he had them track where all the Autobots were. When the ship crashed, they began searching alongside the Dinobots and Humans. Joshua appeared with several Detritus drones and a new type which turns into a rig cab, but isn't Galvatron. They began to clear a path to Optimus, and rescued him.

As Optimus steps out of the ship, we see everyone cheering at bringing down the intragalatic threat. Kaminari also tells Cade that maybe he would've made a good NEST mechanic, and tells him she's willing to give him a chance. Tessa breaks out laughing over this.

Somewhere far out in space, we see several shadowed figures, who confer among themselves.

"Has the Magistrate reached a verdict?"
    "Guilty. We will purge the world of all life."

And roll credits!

5. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

Nice! So Jolt and Sideswipe die

6. rwnrrmer

rwnrrmer Autobot

I think you should write the next transformers movies

7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    It's on my to-do list, but it'd be a total reboot.

I'd even ask TFWiki to label it 'Rebirth' for all the characters.

8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

You're fired.Runs away not happy with the outcome. Killing Swipe earns anyone an instant trip to my crap list, I don't care how his death comes across. I just don't get why so many seem to like killing as many damn Bots as possible. I worry for some of you people.:gen069: 

9. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Everyone outside of Bumblebee and Optimus were always going to die. I just drug it out so that it felt like they were dwindling.

Besides, he dies killing Lockdown. I made sure he went out with a bang.

10. SunSwipe5

That's the other thing, Bee and Prime should not be excluded from death. I'd rather one or both of them bite it then Swipe or Jolt or anyone else. I know this is your rewrite of AOE, but I need to point out that there are some Bots we don't know the fate of. I'd rather stay positive about their fates, instead of going for the insanely overused 'kill them all' approach. To me, that's a cop-out.

11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    THIS is what I want response-wise!

If it wasn't called Age of Extinction I would not have killed them. But I can also tell you're hung up on a character you love dying. If I was actually doing this as a script Jolt's death would be hard to write. I love the guy.

12. Bumble-beePrime

Bumble-beePrime Best Toronto Fighter, not

News Credits:
    I don't like when something has a lot of characters, but I gotta admit you done something great.

But to me it seems like Sideswipe is the protagonist. I never understood why people like him so much, I don't think he's that good...

13. SunSwipe5

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy your version heaps and bounds more than Kruger's.

Yea, Swipe is my favorite. His character is what got me hooked on Transformers (First epi I ever saw was him and Sunny performing their Jet Judo). It goes beyond that tho, for me. When I see a character like Swipe, Jolt, Dino, Ratchet, I see the potential stories and development those characters can bring. I see more then just another Bot fighting against the Cons. I see opportunities to explore those characters origins, their pasts and what forged them into the Bots they are.

For example, Sideswipe and Jolt. With Swipe, there's the popular canon of he and his twin brother Sunstreaker. I'd love to delve into who their creators (parents) were, how they grew up, what their aspirations were, how they came to be Autobots, they're feelings about the war and their fellow Bots.How they view their current situation and what they now hope for their futures.

With Jolt, I'd also love to delve into where he came from, who he is, who he wants to be, did he aspire to be a medic like Ratchet, his view on the war and his fellow bots, what he hopes for in the future.

I'd love to see a few Bots and Cons decide that the war is just a ridiculous idea that they no longer believe in and want nothing to do with any longer. They just want to be neutral Cybertronians, free to pursue their own hopes and dreams in a civil community. They build their own free,factionless, civil society that becomes a beacon of hope to those who share the same ideals and no longer believe in the war. To have a few core Bots and Cons like: Swipe, Jolt, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Knockout, Barricade, Soundwave be amongst those sick of war and wanting a free life would be intriguing, at least to me. They'd still have their obstacles to overcome.

So when these characters are killed in masse in the movies, I just see alot of wasted character story/development potential. :) 

14. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Feedback for the whole story, please.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Probably cause he's really cool and badass