Heroes discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wreckgar, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Anyone else catch this? Personally I was drawn in instantly. The first episode had a ton of questions and loosely tied enough characters together. I'm curious on the powers of the mother/internet sex woman. That was the only thing that bugged me but I know it's a teaser.

Overall a definate compelling story. I wonder how long the show is slated for. I would really rather it be a season long series but Ican see it going longer like Lost. I just hope they don't keep piling on more questions and no answers.

2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I loved it too. Good characterization and tons of potential.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

They had the whole episode up on Yahoo TV last week so I already done seen it. Watched it again though 'cause it went from "Hey, this is pretty good" to "Holy shit, I gotta see what happens" with the scene toward the end with the artist guy's latest painting. Next week's preview was :sly:  too, with the Japanese guy and the comic book. Yeahbuhwhat?

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The previews really bothered me for some reason. It seemed so contrieved. "I...I think I can fly!" then the annoying voice over whisper "Heroes on NBC." Ugh...So I skipped the premiere. We'll see if the buzz continues.

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

teh ditto!

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Forgot it was on. *runs to Bittorrent*

7. Cerebros

Cerebros TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I thought it was pretty good. The Japanese guy citing Star Trek and comic references was funny. Can't wait for more!

8. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Was it different from the leaked pilot? I ask because I found it in a pile of anime I was traded for Life on Mars and loved it to bits. And wiki states there are characters and scenes that weren't in what I saw.

And I want Hiro's power, to teleport into women's toilets.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I thought it was great. I've been waiting for it to premier since I first saw teasers for it. Didn't disappoint at all. Probably watch it again when they replay it tomorrow night. I think it said it was on at 8pm this time.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    watched it

liked it

ill be watching this for sure :D 

i loved it when Hiro was being dragged off. his friend was saying " use your deathgrip spock!!"

lol

funny. i like his character the most so far

11. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I missed the first few minutes 'cause of work, but I've definetly been pulled in. Very interesting stuff.

12. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I was definitely entertained, certainly moreso than by the premier of Jericho (which wasn't bad, just not as good as this). I am curious to see how the show develops, and will be tuning in from now on.

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I REALLY dug it...I see this being quite a captivating and fantastic show. I found the first episode really well done and I am already digging how everything is beginning to connect together. I look forward to seeing this story progress.

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Great first episode. My only concern it this seems like the type of show that you cannot miss an episode. Ah well, that is what a PVR is for.

15. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I thought it was fantastic. I was immediately hooked.

Now hopefully the ratings are decent and it doesn't go the way of Surface.

16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I thought it was great too. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i loved it as well, and like others, may watch it again tonight. i cant wait to see where this goes and how big it can get. i do hope there is a set end though, and that even if that end is a planned 5 seasons, it sees just that, no more no less...

18. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

That was a great first ep and can't wait for the others. So what's the deal with the suicidal girs dad?

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

That did seem contrived, even while watching the episode, right up to the point you find out that. . .well, let's just say there's an interesting twist on that particular character that was one of the very, very few TV moments in the last ten years that made me go, "HOLY SHIT! I CAN NON BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!" Seriously, I was hard-core cheering at that, just because of the surprise.

I absolutely loved this show. I didn't like the cheerleader girl's dad being the big baddy though. I have a feeling this is a set-up for your typical teen-angst angle with mommy getting upset that daddy isn't getting along with his baby girl, and baby girl being all ansty to the nth degree and blah, blah, blah. But outside of THAT particular part of the story, it was fantastic. And I do like the cheerleader character outside of her dad's deal. An absolute hero, not afraid to use her powers for good, but just trying to stay out of the way and be "normal" the rest of the time. Fantastic. As someone on another board said, gave a very Wolverine sort of vibe.

The Japanese guy was absolutely the best character of the show, though that's probably my inner geek showing. And the teaser for next week left me scratching my head a bit with the comic book stuff. All-in-all though, I'm hooked.

Hopefully next week I get to watch the entire episode. (GRUMBLEGRUMBLE DAMN DOGS GRUMBLEGRUMBLE)

Oh, anyone else notice KDE/Linux on the stripper-mom's computer? Total geek out while watching a hot blond take off her clothes? Well, my wife was in the room at the time.

I hope this either sticks around, or gets released in a box set if they cancel it so we at least get to see the first story arc completed. I would say by the intro they are hoping to have at least a few seasons of it, but who knows with how fickle networks are these days.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    oh yeah, i loved the opening scroll, about volume one of this epic story...thats awesome...cant wait til next monday....and hey, now i have a real reason to look forward to mondays...go heroes go