Heroes cancelled

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by brollicon, May 14, 2010.

1. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I didn't know Heroes still existed.

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could've sworn that back when the S4 finale aired, it was announced as the series finale. Maybe I imagined it, or just saw the writing on the wall.

And yeah, I haven't watched past the first 6 or 7 eps of S3. I have them all downloaded, but can't be bothered.

I'm with Draven: Los Wonder Twins Magnificos were what really set the downward spiral for me.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There's only so much whining from Claire and Sylar the world can take before they get fed up. And that was probably around the start of season two.
    It's good it's cancelled. Just a pity they finally started on an interesting track with Claire exposing herself in public (ooer) right at the end. But I still don't want a one-off TV movie to wrap it up in case some fool at the network thinks it's worth reviving the show proper.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I watched season 1 and a bit of season 2/3. I gave up as soon as there were multiples of Nikki wandering around. I find her about as charming as being kicked in the teeth.

Add another vote for the 'Wonder Twins did nothing for me' group.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I've still got 2 or 3 episodes of season 4 to watch. They've been on my pvr for months.

6. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    Eh, I was getting to where I didn't like the show

7. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I held with it to the end, but mostly because my wife was still enjoying it.

I liked the characters to the end, and regret that NBC didn't dump Kring for a better showrunner. The series needed to shake things up - move characters in and out, dump Sylar, and have the heroes go public (which seemed to be what was about to happen).

If you watch the final episode and stop before the nominal prologue of the next story (that won't ever happen), all the major characters have a somewhat happy resolution to their stories, so what we have works for me as a fitting series finale.

8. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  9. Mister D

I wonder if they'll have an episode where he's sued by the comic book company for violating their intellectual property?

Honestly, Summer Glau's the only reason I have an iota of interest in this. In the promos he looks like a bum wearing a garbage bag. While it has potential inthe right hands, and preferably on cable, I have a hard time seeing how this won't be MANTIS 2.0.

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Oh man did I hate Maya! Useless, whining, GNDN character. She and her brother and their subplot added literally nothing to the show.

They also never could decide what to do with Sylar. I mean really, it's like Marvel sometimes, trying to "heroize" characters that are very clearly villains. The guy was an unrepentant mass murderer. It's nonsensical to even think of redemption when he very obviously and overtly took pleasure in killing and stealing powers.

It made the behavior of the other central characters seem very divorced from reality when they'd even consider dealing with him after what he did over and over again.

Mohinder lost some serious steam after they cribbed The Fly remake so hard on him. He was somewhat of the tenuous link between everyone, and when the writers couldn't decide what to do with him, they lost it.

Triplets? Really? Look, I liked Tracy. I liked her as a character a hell of a lot more than Nikki/Jessica, but there's another plot thread that went absolutely nowhere.

That was the problem with the show, too many plot threads went nowhere, in the end, or were truncated even after the strike. I think that's what killed it, really. Well, it did for me, anyway. They'd introduce characters, start up a plot with them, and it was a crapshoot whether that particular storyline would be leading anywhere in the end.

Huh. The Cape? Looks like it's taking itself too seriously. Pretty typical setup, yes, but they need to create a a world that is believable, even though it isn't realistic, which is a tough balancing act if there is only one "superhero" in it. Because if you're the only one, that makes you less "a superhero" and more "a lunatic".

Glau's overrated. Kieth David, on the other hand...

Hey look! He stole the costume from Unbreakable!

But, misterd, M.A.N.T.I.S. did get Carl Lumbly's foot in the superhero show door. We got a lot of very good years out of him as J'onn in the Justice League shows.

- Coeloptera

11. Mister D

1. Glau turns me on. If Keith David works for you beetle, who am I to complain?

2. Not as a live action Manhunter, of course.

3. I would love it if this show went Unbreakable on us. But it doesn't seem to be going this way.

It seems to be taking the baffling wrong tone that most 80s and 90s genre shows took - vanilla. Not wanting to go all the way back to Adam West, but not behind the silly concept enough to give it some dramatic weight. So we get a guy fighting crime for his kid (!) wearing a garbage bag and, apparantly, do magic tricks. Believe me, I hope to hell that I am wrong about this, just as I hope I am wrong about Terra Nova (aka the Speilberg Dino Show), but the stills I've seen are awful, and the 3 clips even worse. If this is what we're being SHOWN, what they hell are they hiding??

12. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

It was a grerat idea for a series and series 1 was pretty great, but yeah it lost direction during the following 3 series. Its a shame to see it go, there was still a lot of potential there, but Im not suprised.

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I mean as an actor. Pretty by itself is never enough for me to want to watch someone in a show or movie.

- Coeloptera

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

This for the Win!

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
  16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Well, good for those that still watch it.

17. Mister D

She hasn't had much chance outside Firefly and Terminator. I'd like to see how she does with something more normal.

18. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

[​IMG]

:lol